Current time: 05-23-2017, 03:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tv shows you've recently watched
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
RE: tv shows you've recently watched
band of brothers was fucking awesome, spud. don't think of it as a show or a mini-series... think of it as a really long movie about the realities of world war II.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2012, 08:43 AM
(10-20-2012 07:54 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  a show called 'Band of Brothers'

Permit me to be brief: Fuck. Yes.

It isn't the kind of show that I care to describe because all I could possibly do is completely fail in describing how entrancing this series is. And I am not really a huge fan of war films either.

Cap'n Winters ftw!

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
10-20-2012, 09:11 AM
sporkium and Mark - thanks for the really quick feedback! After reading the wiki link sporkium provided, my reaction is wow! - why have i never bothered watching this before? Such a fine cast too. I'm going to dl this shortly and get stuck right in (with my snacks n smokes ready). Thanks so much guys, very much appreciated Yay

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Find all posts by this user
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 09:02 PM by AliShibaz.)
I have a huge collection of movies and TV shows and I would be real happy to share anything with you or with any other members here.
10-21-2012, 01:02 AM
lol, thanks for the banter Ali... and for calling me a lady Big Grin

Thanks for offering to send me files on ww2 docs and films... i've watched hundreds of them and to be honest, i'm sick of the same old same old subject matter. What i'd really like to see is a movie or documentary on Japan's Unit 731, and the deal struck between the U.S. and Japan which gave the likes of Shiro Ishii, immunity from prosecution, and the post-war boom in biological/germ warfare and human experimentation, particularly at Camp/Fort Detrick and other similar places. I've read many books on the subject but have never seen any films/tv shows about it. If you have any suggestions, i'd love to hear them.

Off-topic bit... (sorry!) As for being an uploader, i'm hoping to learn how to do that myself around xmas time when i'll have saved up the cash to buy my very own laptop. There's probably some really informative tutorials on this in rc. Best of luck in your endeavor! How i got my username: http://rantcentralforums.com/Thread-How-...ame?page=5

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
10-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Also off topic, but uploading torrents is easy. There are many wonderful tutorials on https://forum.suprbay.org and there is even one here in our Tutorials section. I would be willing to help anyone here to understand creating and uploading a torrent, just ask. (And there are many others here who know a lot more than I that might help you.)

Learn how to upload, it's the right thing to do!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

[Image: Boardwalk_14.jpg]

Boardwalk Empire
IMDb Link

ATLANTIC CITY, 1922

Prohibition means big bucks for Nucky Thompson, a notorious public figure and many other gangsters in Atlantic City.

I grew up watching Steve Buscemi in everything from comedies, to high-scale dramas. I have always enjoyed his work and admired him as an actor so when I heard about Boardwalk Empire I was eager to see this show.

Without spoiling anything I'll say that the first season is definitely worth watching- and if you watch season 1 you'll have to watch season 2 . . . but if you're anything like me, half-way through season 2 you will be wishing it would just fucking end already . . .

I have been assured by other friends who are staying current with the show that the current season (3) is shaping up much better and this show has potential so I will definitely give it another chance when this season wraps up. (I rarely download shows as they are released, Game of Thrones being the one recent exception.)

[Image: boardwalk-empire-tv-show-image-michael-pitt.jpg]

[Image: Boardwalk-Empire-Season-3.jpg]

[Image: Boardwalk-Empire-Home-Kelly-Macdonald.jpg]

[Image: Michael-Shannon-of-Boardwalk-Empire.jpg]
Is vague and will not spoil anything, but its pretty cool, trust me Wink

Wildcard is awesome.
10-21-2012, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2012 02:28 PM by AliShibaz.)
(10-21-2012 01:02 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  lol, thanks for the banter Ali... and for calling me a lady Big Grin

Oh My Gosh!

You are far more advanced than I re this topic.

I can't even come close to your advanced knowledge about these movies.

I don't even know of any files that would come close to matching what you have described.

I am truly frightened to discuss these matters with you because I fear you will show me up and I will look very ignorant compared to you.

But, I will try if you like because I think knowledgeable and intelligent women are extremely "hot". Yes, Indeedy! I sure do!

The best site I have found where people share documentary files re WW2 is a site called "ShareAZA". It's not exactly a site. It's a program and I can give you the address where you can join.

But just one word of warning. Whenever I use Shareaza, it changes the Windows Registry and I have to then change it back before I can use Firefox to search at
http://thepiratebay.se

But, if you run into that difficulty, I certainly will be glad to try and help you and I will give all the info I have about that to Mark and I'm sure he will be able to explain to you what is going wrong.

Good Luck to you.

Oh, here is the address I use:

c:\program files (x86)\shareaza\shareaza.exe

Be very careful to make sure you have up to date anti-virus and anti-malware programs working to protect you before you D/L anything from that site.

It hasn't happened to me very often, but I have gotten some viruses and some malware when downloading files from that site. Caution is definitely in order.

Just FYI, here are some addresses I have for anti-Virus and anti-Malware software:

setup_avg_free_stb_en_2011_1209.exe
setup_antimalware-1.61.0.1400.exe

You can Google for the latest versions of AVG and AntiMalware. They both have freeware versions you can D/L and install and use for free.

I hope I didn't scare you off with all that talk about Viruses and Malware. But this is one case where a little prevention is really worth a whole lot of effort.

You probably won't encounter any problems. But it sure is better to go to a little trouble instead of catching any Viruses or Malware.

If you need some help, I think you should post a thread or search for a thread in the Technical section of this board.

Gooey Luck to you, dear.

By the way,

You probably already know this. But just in case you don't,

aside from Mark, Bob and Sporkium are especially knowledgeable about all technical matters and are almost always very happy to help any of the members here.

So if you run into problems or you just need some help with a technical matter, it would really help to get in touch with Mark or Bob or Sporkium.

All three of them are just great.
10-21-2012, 09:11 PM
alrighty... today, i will begin watching an old t.v. show from the 90's that i have refused to watch over the last ten years so that when i did re-watch it, i could experience it as if it had been the first time.... that show is:

Wiki Wrote:Northern Exposure is an American television series that ran on CBS from 1990 to 1995, with a total of 110 episodes. It dealt with New York doctor Joel Fleischman, who is sent to practice in the, fictional, town of Cicely, Alaska. Early episodes dealt with Fleischman's culture shock in the small town. As he got acclimated more attention was paid to the town's quirky residents.

[tpb]4411662[/tpb]

from what i can remember, the writing for this show was top-notch... creative... relevant... quirky and funny.

i would compare the creativity of the show to twin peaks... but for those of you who remember that show... it got seriously fouled up towards the end and basically killed the entire series.

oh, and this show DOES star
[Image: janine-turner-07.jpg]

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Northern Exposure was a great show.

I know lots of people who are just nuts for this show and watch one episode everyday and prefer that to any new shows.

It's amazing!
11-01-2012, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 01:28 PM by AliShibaz.)
I tried to get into Dexter but his sister ...

Oh my. I'm sorry cuz I know a great many of you really like it. But I just can't get into it because his sister. She is just so fucking weird and ugly and creepy and as I recall ... she never brought anything good to the story - not once - not ever!

I finally just had to cut loose cuz that sister was just too much for me to take. I'm a sorry!

But, fuck you Dexter and fuck your creepy sister too! Ugh!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 754 180,079 01-15-2017 11:36 PM
Last Post: alexbfr
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 630 01-12-2017 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  TV shows that have not held up well and were a big disappointment AliShibaz 1 1,154 06-05-2013 08:49 PM
Last Post: LZA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)