Current time: 05-28-2017, 07:05 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tv shows you've recently watched
09-28-2012, 01:42 AM
tv shows you've recently watched
Pretty simple: discuss tv shows that you have recently watched. links and screen shots are helpful.

so, today i noticed that the 'dish network' snuck a new channel into my service... and i almost shot myself in the head... it turns out it wasn't a new channel, it was a channel i had previously blocked and they just changed the channel number. Dodgy

anyway.

today, despite my better judgment, i watched 'bikini barbershop: new jersey.'

http://www.axs.tv/programs/bikini-barbershop/

this show sucks on so many levels, so i'll try to break it down:

the owner of the barbershop: mike cuban... two words: birth control.
[Image: photo%20(6).JPG]
image scaled
he is obviously a scum bag... looks like a rapist and is quite possibly a closet homosexual (closets are for clothes, dick wad). the premise of the show is that he pretty much does nothing on the show but runs around and acts obnoxiously.

also, on his 'store' page... you will noticed that this dillweed decided to use incredibly large images shrunk down to thumbnail size for previewing his wares... this is stupid as it slows down page loads and wastes bandwidth... thanks, scum bag.

fail for the tv show.

fail for markup languages.

fail for life.

natalie
[Image: 328109_137535206342270_100002573752146_1...82x253.jpg]

alissa
[Image: DSC_0015%20LOGO.jpg.opt306x461o0,0s306x461.jpg]

mackenzie
[Image: 201560_472395489459617_1796834276_o.jpg....26x434.jpg]

jen
[Image: 382432_3806518074739_1549443930_n.jpg.op...42x515.jpg]

erika
[Image: 478554_318456278231854_899670868_o.jpg.o...03x404.jpg]

thao
[Image: photo%20(13).JPG]

the girls: tits and ass in the usual formula: one cute, and the others are cute by proxy... i believe... as if i was looking at anything other than ass (for those of you who wonder what types of girls you would want to choke during intercourse... check out this show)... i'm not sure those are the same girls from the show... but i would still choke 'em.

if you hate the kardashians and the std infected bucket heads from from the 'jersey shore'... you are absolutely going to hate this show.

i'd feed you a torrent link, but... as if any uploader is going to waste bandwidth on this trash.

(oh, and feel free to be mean to them... these douche bags are just the type of narcissistic self-googling human skidmarks that will -- you guessed it -- google themselves.)

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user + Spud17
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: tv shows you've recently watched
Animal Practice (2012)

[Image: ap1_zps3ff3054c.jpg]

New sitcom from NBC about a vet who loves animals, not so much humans. There's only been 2 episodes broadcast up to now, the rest are on NBC every week. I liked the opening episode and will download further ones from pirate bay. I can't see anyone not liking this, it has a funny monkey in, and you can't really go wrong with that. The monkey is called Crystal and is a an actor in her own right. Born in 1994, Crystal has appeared in over 20 films, and even attended Comic-Con 2011.

[Image: ap2_zps4567d871.jpg]

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246569/

Link http://thepiratebay.se/search/animal%20practice/0/7/0

(couldn't test the above pirate bay link because being in the UK, i have to use a proxy)

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Watching the whole season of One tree hill atm XD

meh
10-16-2012, 03:52 AM
Dexter

Dexter is currently on season 7, and brand new episodes can be dl every Sunday night (US)/Monday morning (UK). I've watched this show since the beginning and it grabbed me within the opening episode, and i've been hooked ever since. Frankly, i love this show. All the characters are hugely likeable, the storylines are tense, the black comedy moments are priceless, and it just keeps on getting better with each new series, which first started back in 2006. I won't reveal any plot details here because i don't want to spoil it.

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/

Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan

[Image: tve1_zpsc1b510e5.png]

While Dexter is a blood-spatter expert in the forensics department with the Miami Metro Police, his sister Debra Morgan, is a cop, and a bloody good one too. She is by far the best tv cop going, bar none. Her lines can be hilarious, and if like me, you like to swear, then you'll love Debra.

Jennifer Carpenter as Debra Morgan

[Image: tve2_zps6f5c757d.png]

If you've never seen Dexter, i wholeheartedly recommend you give it a watch.

Pirate link: http://thepiratebay.se/search/dexter/0/7/0

and the official Dexter website: http://www.sho.com/sho/dexter/home

[Image: tve3_zps0cd70edf.jpg]

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
10-18-2012, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 03:23 AM by Togachu.)
Dexter is bad now, after he got the kid and all :/ So incredible.. boring.

meh
10-18-2012, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 10:58 PM by AliShibaz.)
I have heard that Homeland is a really great show.

So, I started watching it and like the dork I am, I started with the first season and the first episode and watched them in order. So far, it has definitely been worth the watching. Really good show.

I've watched the first 3 epis now and from what I hear, it really gets great around the 3rd or 4th epi of the 2nd season.

It's a very interesting show. Certainly unique. And .. there is this beautiful wonderful MILF who stars as the wife of the hero and she is just freakin' gogeous! (Morena Baccarin).

I mean, think about this. This show stars Clare Danes who I have often thought of as one of the most beautiful women on the planet. But I chose to remark about Morena Baccarin, who stars in the show - she plays the wife of the main lead Damian Lewis.

Remember Damian Lewis? He played Captain Winter in Band of Brothers. He was really great in that show.

But now, just ask yourself this question. How hot does a lady have to be in order for someone to remark on her when Clare Danes is the lead female in the show? It takes a might attractive woman to get that kind of treatment. Oh yes indeed!

If you love good acting and/or you love beautiful women, then I strongly suggest you give this show a watch. It is certainly worth a watch. Oh Yes!!

The only downside is Mandy Patankin. I have just had enough of that old fucker. He has just saturated too many fucking shows. I now see him in my nightmares. Please, Oh Please. Get rid of this fucker.
Find all posts by this user + Mark
10-18-2012, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2012 06:13 AM by snilloc.)
Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud

Grand Designs is a British television series produced by Talkback Thames and broadcast on Channel 4 which features unusual and often elaborate architectural homebuilding projects.

The programme has been presented by Kevin McCloud since it first aired in April 1999, and 124 episodes have been broadcast in eleven series. The twelfth series began on 12 September 2012 on Channel 4.

All episodes generally follow a regular format, with small variations depending on the progress of the build. At the beginning of an episode, McCloud meets the clients embarking on the project; he visits the site with them, and discusses the plans for the building. A computer visualisation or computer-aided design view of the intended project is shown. Once ground work commences, he visits the site periodically, following the build progress, noting any changes, hitches or delays; the build frequently runs over budget and completes later than scheduled. McCloud will often do a piece to camera concentrating on any unique materials or features in the house. He visits again once the building is then made watertight, and the first and second fixes have commenced. He makes a final visit to the site in its finished or near-finished state, once the occupants have moved in. A tour of the house is then given; McCloud brings the episode to a close summarising the house, its construction, and his opinions.

If a house is unlikely to be completed before filming finishes, it will often be revisited in a later episode. In more recent series, McCloud revisits past unfinished builds once they have been completed and may stay overnight.

The properties featured in Grand Designs are hugely varied in style and design, from underground homes to converted water towers to buildings constructed in methods of sustainable architecture; the only common factor is that they are all unusual or extravagant

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/grand-designs
10-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Toga - you said in your post that you thought 'Dexter' had become 'boring', and i just wondered why you thought this was so. Could you discuss your reasons behind that statement? I'm assuming you've watched the show from season 1 and i'm just curious about what changes (which, let's face it, have been only minor insignificent ones) in the show have put you off.

As the audience is clued in to Dexter's thought processes and thus able to identify with him (and even root for him), i feel that none of the intimacy between viewer and his character have diminished in any way, since he became a father. When Dexter became a father, i personally thought this threw new challenges into the show regarding his relationship with Deb, Harry, and others, not to mention the increasingly hectic and challenging work/family/killing balance. It's extremely amusing and entertaining to see Dexter well up over, say, Harrison's first steps one minute, and trying to figure out how he's going to squeeze in the time to bump off some scumbag when he has to work all day, the next.

The ratings keep growing and growing, and i think with season 7s focus on the dynamics of Dexter and Deb's relationship, that this show is just getting started, and i for one would love to see it run for at least another 2 seasons because the potential is huge.

I wondered Toga, if you feel that Dexter's 'Dark Passenger' is being compromised with the emergence of emotions (stemming from his new status as a parent, which brings with it new and different responsibilities), or do you think he can still separate the two?

Snilloc - the op asked for us to 'discuss' tv shows (meaning to talk or write about a subject in detail, and to examine or consider a subject), so could you possibly edit your post that simply stated "Grand designs with Kevin McCloud", so that the rest of us know what show you're talking about? I've never heard of 'Grand Designs', and wondered if it was a showcase for inventors, or whether it's a drama show or whatever? Do you think you could tell us a little bit about it, how long the show's been running, what you like about it etc??

Ali - my sentiments exactly about Homeland, except for your observations on beautiful women! I thought season 1 dragged mind-numbingly slow, and i almost gave up on watching it until i saw episode 2 of the new season. It was a real hook of an episode, and it's about time the show started getting juicy with suspense. Clare Danes' manic depressive (or 'bipolar' if you're into pointless trendy terms) episodes were brilliantly acted, i was left dumbstruck at her breakdown and subsequent vindication which led to her feeling some 'hope' again. The only character i dislike is Damien Lewis' wife because of her judgemental knee-jerk reaction to anything she doesn't understand, which makes me want to climb inside the tv, grab hold of her, and shake her about 'til she's dead! I do like Mandy Patinkin's character, he reminds me of Michael Scheuer, and the similarities are there. If the top brass at the CIA had listened to Scheuer's concerns about al-qaeda, how different would things be today! It's the same with Homeland and Patinkin's character - his concerns are being wilfully ignored by his superiors, and he's increasingly being pushed aside - something i'm sure the cia will soon regret.

Find all posts by this user + Mark and sporkium
10-20-2012, 07:05 AM
(10-19-2012 03:40 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  Ali - my sentiments exactly about Homeland, except for your observations on beautiful women!

Can you explain in what way you disagree about my observations on beautiful women?

Not that it matters, but if you are interested, I can show you another user forum that discusses this show and there are many pages full of people who just go on and on about what a beauty that MILF is.

I understand that has nothing to do with the reasons you dislike her character. But I have no idea what you meant when you said "except for your observations on beautiful women!", and I would be interested to know in what way you disagree.

I agree with you about the superiors willfully ignoring the Many Patankin's character. I find it just sad and disgusting the reason they are presenting those reasons seem to be so those people can pursue their own personal advancement.

I would love to see them all go to the pen for lengthy terms because they chose to pursue their personal advancement over the lives and safety of so many citizens.

Bastards!
10-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Ali - I don't disagree on your observations about beautiful women at all, i just find you hilarious. Your articulation on Kate (wife of Prince William) in the Pit's 'kate thread' nearly destroyed my computer after i spat tea all over it, and when i began reading your 1st post in this thread, i actually put my brew down to be on the safeside Big Grin . As a woman myself, i find it amusing to read your observations on women you find to be hot, and obviously because i'm heterosexual and like guys, i don't class the female actors in Homeland as 'Milf!' I'm sure you'd disagree with me if i said something like 'Tom Welling - totally fuckable or what?!'

You wrote that Damien Lewis was in a show called 'Band of Brothers', and i was wondering whether you'd recommend it as i've never seen it? I've read mixed reviews of it on the interwebz, so it'd be great if you could offer your opinion, because i value it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 754 180,346 01-15-2017 11:36 PM
Last Post: alexbfr
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 643 01-12-2017 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  TV shows that have not held up well and were a big disappointment AliShibaz 1 1,158 06-05-2013 08:49 PM
Last Post: LZA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)