• Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the chocolate jihad
    stay on fuckin topic/mod.

next thing they put cloven hoofs in pretzels

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Chocolate covered pork fat tidbits are a Ukrainian delicacy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3825221.stm

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    It doesn't matter if they declare a holy war. Cadburys could start a siege and starve the Muslims out.

Fun History fact- Did you know in Medieval Britain, during a siege, rotting horse carcasses used to be tossed over the walls of the castles. If Cadbury's sieges the Muslims well enough, perhaps someone will throw roing pig carcasses to "weaken" them.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    [we had that coming]

I'm sure this issue will spread,fatwah's declared,holy wars fought

indian uprising against the brits started when the indian soldiers in the army found out their bullet casing were treated with pig lard,they had to bite the top off before shoving them in their guns

http://history1800s.about.com/od/thebritishempire/ss/The-Sepoy-Mutiny.htm

of small minds[
    Thank you sri for the commentary and link. Reminds me of "Mangal Pandey". Not a bad movie, but flopped I think.

Well, I feel it is unfair to criticize Muslims on this one / everytime. (Am not one)
    I know many Muslims who are better humans than others.

I learnt from the papers today, a popular actress had embraced Islam. While surprised and yet not, because everything nowadays is news, this piece of news got shelved somewhere in the hinterland of my brain as the expression goes. As I was going about my daily work, the attraction of Islam or an explanation for the above news, struck me; this is based too on what I have seen. While in other religions there is always a human intermediary (priest) between yourself and the divine (sometimes annoying and nowadays a commercialized one), to my knowledge it isn't so in Islam. Likewise perhaps in some other religions too. I dunno. But it was a "sudden thought" (*), as in, I was not thinking about it consciously and I stood for a few moments struck.

Malaysia is a very conservative society I understand. Hence the feeling of being "let down" I suppose.

(*) - trying to recall a Keats or some other poet, but it's stuck. Am going to feel miserable until I remember it. (It has the words "pure white thought". Anybody ?)

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    my chocolate is written in water,i think

of small minds[