Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

steps/strolls
I'm not real sure what age group or type of interests dominate this forum nowadays. A year ago I probably wouldn't waste time posting a thread like this because I knew that most of the members, save a few, would have little to comment. Perhaps this is still the case, but eh, I'm bored and this is something that I'm really interested in.
So I'm the upcoming step-master for my sorority, and Idk who among you belongs to a fraternal organization or has had any experience seeing organizations step or stroll, but it's mostly associated with the colored frats, or the Divine 9. Here's a video of my Sorors from another chapter doing a stroll off to a song with a moderate tempo. This is probably one of the tightest strolls I have ever seen, and I WILL learn it and (hopefully) teach it to my sisters. I'm trying to come up with a playlist of some songs that we can practice to and vibe off of. Something that rides and you can dance to... Suggestions would be appreciated.Big Grin ENJOY!

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
you might want to try listening to brother ali or atmosphere... both use jazz and blues sampling with heavy drum and bass.... probably good for stomping to.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Thanks! I'll take a listen tonight.
brother ali: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/7006157/B...ith_BK_One

atmosphere: http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/6959146/A...iscography

these are in flac. Wink

also... since these two artists have more 'intelligent' lyrics and subject matter than the mainstream clear channel spew, a college audience will probably like it more.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Maybe I'm just anti-social, but I never got the concept of sororities/fraternities. We don't have them here, except perhaps among the richest of the rich, like the Bullingdon Club, where pissed Oxford Uni students swan around in coattails smashing up restaurants, and even then they're not big lifestyle commitments where you all live in one house with set rules. It's kind of funny to me; after the anxiety of choosing an appropriate university, meeting its entry requirements then arranging your new life, you have all the added anxiety of fraternity/sorority matters. But then, again, I'm maybe just anti-social; "sharing your university experience with a group of your peers? No way!" Big Grin
Well see, my sorority is all about service to college bands. We are an honorary service fraternity. Our attitudes of membership are based on the premise that "it is an honor to be selected to serve". Unlike the social frats/sororities, we actually do shit.