Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setup.exe Help Needed
09-15-2013, 04:48 PM
setup.exe Help Needed
Hi guys.

Hope someone can help me with a little problem. I'm having trouble with an Adobe installer i'm building. It's archived in an .sfx which extracts to:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\TEMP

It should then run the setup.exe from this address:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\TEMP\setup.exe

But i keep getting a return error that setup.exe can't be found and to please check that the address is correct.
I only ever get this error with Adobe S/W installs.

It has to be ran via an .sfx as the installer that the S/W is packaged in can't run the .exe alone.

Hope i'm clear enough in my explanation.

Thanks in advance,
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: setup.exe Help Needed
I am completely ignorant to creating installers and such, but it is possible to use your installer in conjunction with a .BAT file?

If that is way out in left field just ignore me.

09-15-2013, 06:43 PM
a help request does not constitute a tech discussion.

thread moved to help requests. /mod

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2013, 05:23 PM
(09-15-2013 05:53 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  I am completely ignorant to creating installers and such, but it is possible to use your installer in conjunction with a .BAT file?

If that is way out in left field just ignore me.

(09-15-2013 06:43 PM)sporkium Wrote:  a help request does not constitute a tech discussion.

thread moved to help requests. /mod

Thanks to both of you guys and my apologies if i've posted in the wrong section.

To elaborate a little more. I've tried running it with batch scripts Mark but to no avail. I've also tried creating it as/with an Autorun.inf contained in an .iso but the same issue occurs.Although it's listed as a Set-up.exe, it's also a bootstrapper application as you can see below:

[Image: UDynTP1.png]

From what i could research, bootstrapper applications call on other files as part of the setup process. Adobe, so far, is the only software i've ran into this issue with as most installers i build are fairly straight forward.

Again many thanks and any help/input is appreciated Yay

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)