Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

setup.exe Help Needed
Hi guys.

Hope someone can help me with a little problem. I'm having trouble with an Adobe installer i'm building. It's archived in an .sfx which extracts to:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\TEMP

It should then run the setup.exe from this address:

Code:
C:\ProgramData\TEMP\setup.exe

But i keep getting a return error that setup.exe can't be found and to please check that the address is correct.
I only ever get this error with Adobe S/W installs.

It has to be ran via an .sfx as the installer that the S/W is packaged in can't run the .exe alone.

Hope i'm clear enough in my explanation.

Thanks in advance,
I am completely ignorant to creating installers and such, but it is possible to use your installer in conjunction with a .BAT file?

If that is way out in left field just ignore me.
a help request does not constitute a tech discussion.

thread moved to help requests. /mod
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(09-15-2013, 05:53 PM)Wildcard Wrote: I am completely ignorant to creating installers and such, but it is possible to use your installer in conjunction with a .BAT file?

If that is way out in left field just ignore me.

(09-15-2013, 06:43 PM)sporkium Wrote: a help request does not constitute a tech discussion.

thread moved to help requests. /mod

Thanks to both of you guys and my apologies if i've posted in the wrong section.

To elaborate a little more. I've tried running it with batch scripts Mark but to no avail. I've also tried creating it as/with an Autorun.inf contained in an .iso but the same issue occurs.Although it's listed as a Set-up.exe, it's also a bootstrapper application as you can see below:

[Image: UDynTP1.png]

From what i could research, bootstrapper applications call on other files as part of the setup process. Adobe, so far, is the only software i've ran into this issue with as most installers i build are fairly straight forward.

Again many thanks and any help/input is appreciated Yay