Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

planning ahead
some of you might remember the story about the astronaut, captain lisa nowak, and about how she drove from texas to florida so she could kidnap the current lover of her former lover... and wore diapers so she didn't have to waste time making restroom stops.

now, there is some speculation that she didn't really wear the diapers (police reports said she had confessed to wearing diapers during the trip and found two used diapers in her car, but they weren't taken into evidence). she claims that the diapers belonged to one of her children... but that doesn't matter. oh, and she also packed latex gloves, a black wig, a bb pistol and ammunition, pepper spray, a hooded tan trench coat, a 2-pound drilling hammer, black gloves, rubber tubing, plastic garbage bags, approximately $585 in cash, her computer, a folding knife and several other items.

when renditions take place, they usually place the subject in a diaper, insert a catheter and administer some type of intravenous device. the reasoning behind this is simple:

diaper: don't have to deal with cleaning up shit.
catheter: don't have to deal changing the diaper every time the subject pisses (people piss more than they shit).
intravenous device: makes administering sedation quick (also, keeping the subject hydrated is easier).

it's pretty practical when you think about it... pretty god damn methodical. you know who else likes doing things in a methodical manner? astronauts... and it just so happens that this woman was a freaking astronaut and astronauts wear diapers, so on some level there is a highly analytical mind at work here.

now, as the story goes, captain nowak was on tight time constraints as she had to intercept her objective at an airport 900 miles away. it makes sense that she would want to save as much time as possible and a diaper would save some time. so, maybe even if that wasn't the original purpose for the diapers, it works.

so, whatever the reason, crazy or not, you have to admire the amount of genius required to plan so far ahead as to pack diapers on her kidnapping adventure.

so, feel free to discuss your own planning tendencies.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
man plans, god laughs.
I tend to over plan-- and then most of the time I change plans at the last minute.

Similarly, I often think of a much better way if doing something just after I am done. Wink