Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parents and grades
04-22-2014, 02:46 PM
parents and grades
I'm so tired of parents getting worked up over grades, i understand that failing is bad but this last report card i got just one fail grade for the quarter, my mom freaks about how since she left me to work myself that my grades are failing. let me tell you, i've tried to talk but she gives me the same lines 'you're smart you can do better'.

i know that you've been telling my that for 4 years now, but here's the kicker three years ago my grades were just next to failing and i just barely scraped though but this year the first two quarters my grades have been great and my mom keeps off me, then she checks the grades during a bad streak in my grades now she's restricting me.

i've tried multiple times to convince her, bringing up states, reminding her of three years of failing horribly, but she never even tries to listen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: parents and grades
You should tell your mother that getting good grades no longer has much of a bearing unless you are hoping to get a scholarship. You could also tell her that a new study reveals that children that are pushed hard to do well in school have a higher suicide rate.

You could even tell her that the teacher(s) don't like you, but still she will raise Hell when you get low grades. hehe Good rant and welcome.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2014, 06:12 PM
well I've got quite experienced in this matter...on the parenting side
to be honest when my nephews come with bad grade reports papers, it's freak me out, somehow the feeling of failing as a parent and the feeling that my effort to paid the tuition's is fruitless. those mixed feelings is somehow take the rational out of my head and add some stress from workplace sometimes really make situation became outburst, sometimes I do regrets the hard words that I said to them..

I know lot's of factors that can drop and rise students grade and mostly is based on motivation, ambitions, and student learning environments. studying based only by pressured to study hard will always have a bad outcome

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
If you think going to school and getting good grades is tough now,
then consider how much harder it will get if you dropped out of school and had to go back later in life to pick up where you left off.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
(04-22-2014 07:28 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  If you think going to school and getting good grades is tough now,
then consider how much harder it will get if you dropped out of school and had to go back later in life to pick up where you left off.

And I think that's where your mom is coming from. See, she's got real life experience that she's trying to keep you away from (maybe a bad job experience or working with a bad boss, etc). I'm not saying it's right, but if I can speak for her, just try to always do the absolute best you can. If you know in your heart that you are, take her words with a grain of salt.

I've gotten pretty far with only a high school degree, and I've seen people go farther than me, but the other posters are right. Too much stress for grades may cause a breakdown. but you want to arm yourself with the best possible education that you can get. Then apply that education towards what will make you happy.

Mind you, I have friends with 4 year degrees in something, working in a field that has nothing to do with their degree, so just make sure you'll be doing something that makes you happy. Ultimately I'm sure that's what you mother wants for you.. to be happy & make a good life for yourself.

But ya, for now I guess you have to listen to it...

I can rant, so this'll be my last story. I got my first job at 17 as a porter (washin floors, etc), the kid who trained me, (we all called him Beuford), said his mother never cared about his rept card or if he went to college. My mom and dad were bears when it came to the rept card, but told me that unfortunately they had no money to send mer to college...ANYWAY, One of my mutual friends who still has a contact with that place told me beuford just got fired for drinking on the job. now he's driving everyone nuts because he can't find work..

Point being...Thank your mother for being on your ass. Beuford was 16, now he's 43 and out of work. pretty much out of life...
04-22-2014, 11:43 PM
millennials... ugh... Facepalm

if you put half as much effort into your studies as you do into making excuses, you'd get better grades.

at the rate things are going, you better start focusing... you won't be able to rely on food stamps or welfare when you get older.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-23-2014, 12:37 AM
How much formal education you need, depends on how much money you would like to make once you finish school.
If you will be happy in life with a below average income, then you won't need much education.
Take a look at the chart below.

[Image: Chart_Amount-of-Ed.gif]
Source: United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Survey, Annual Social and Economic Supplement.
Last Modified Date: March 23, 2012

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
04-23-2014, 04:45 AM
(04-23-2014 12:37 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  [Image: Chart_Amount-of-Ed.gif]

but those won't apply in 3rd world countries

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
04-23-2014, 06:42 AM
(04-23-2014 04:45 AM)lightbulb Wrote:  but those won't apply in 3rd world countries

and rightfully so; the third world doesn't belong in this thread. Wink

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-23-2014, 06:47 AM
ahem.......,do what makes you happy,I hardly went to school and look at meTongue

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star Siblings and Parents Xemera 0 38 08-15-2017 06:23 AM
Last Post: Xemera
  HIGH Expectations? Parents Agentchow 8 4,368 03-26-2015 10:30 AM
Last Post: LZA
Sad My parents... Sorry, have to get this off my chest Captain|Obvious 2 1,490 11-02-2014 07:15 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)