Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

ntkrpamp.exe Issue
Hi,

hope i've put this thread in the right place as it could be Hardware or software. If not, apologies.
I've also posted the same thread on SB in the hope of getting this issue resolved.

I'm having a BSOD issue with a HP Pavilion Entertainment NoteBook. The BSOD is intermittent.

The only info i get from the BSOD before it re-boots is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
Twice it failed to get as far as a boot screen and i had to pull the CMOS on both occasions to get an actual boot screen again.

I debugged the .dmp files (MiniDump) which threw up the results below:

Quote:Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081213-17846-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18147.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130505-1534
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c3e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d874d0
Debug session time: Sun Aug 11 23:44:21.539 2013 (UTC + 1:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:03.053
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, a, 0, 92cf78b8}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+1b3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I then ran sfc.exe /scannow from CMD getting the results below:

Quote:Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>sfc.exe /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Users\Administrator>

The only thing i haven't done is swap out the memory modules (RAM) as i don't have any DDR3 lying about ATM.

I also ran memtestx86 which showed no issues although i know from previous experience that those results are, more times than not, quite wrong.
I know that ntkrpamp.exe is part of Windows Kernal and i really don't want to have to do another O/S install.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Additional info:

On the last BSOD before all the testing i got a warning that the AMD graphics driver had failed. I check it on the AMD website and it said the driver was up to date.
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
(08-12-2013, 12:32 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: The only thing i haven't done is swap out the memory modules (RAM) as i don't have any DDR3 lying about ATM.

Bad memory problems is the the first thing that came to my mind.
Try taking the memory module(s) out and then reinstalling them.
Sometimes re-seating a memory DIMM can solve problems.
BTW, DDR3 memory modules are not very expensive these days.

(08-12-2013, 12:32 PM)2010kaiser Wrote: On the last BSOD before all the testing i got a warning that the AMD graphics driver had failed. I check it on the AMD website and it said the driver was up to date.

The graphics driver runs in kernel space, so if there are graphics problems, that can and will crash the OS.
In a laptop, the graphics chip is quite likely to use a hunk of main memory allocated to it, rather than have its own dedicated memory.
So that brings us right back to RAM memory problems.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Cheers for the help VF. I got a reply from HD across on SB earlier:

(08-12-2013, 09:37 PM)Hobbitdude Wrote: get HWiNFO:
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

does it claim your CPU is running too hot? did you try operating with only 1 RAM module, changing them out to test them both?

open control panel > administrative tools > computer management > event viewer > windows logs, then view system and application logs to see if there were any unusual warnings/events right before the BSOD happened.

try to perform a clean boot and make the problem occur again http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

if you are overclocking set the processor back to normal speed

From the System Logs i have 2 types of Errors (Errors and Critical). The two below occured once (Error):

Quote:The driver detected a controller error on \ device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Then the following one occured once on a different date:

Quote:The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly

And the one below occured a few times which is the one i think is giving me the BSOD (Critical):

Code:
Level=Critical     Source=KernalPower     Event ID=89     Task Catagory=(86)

Quote:The system has re-booted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly

Quote:The RAM modules seem fine after swapping them out. I'll try a clean boot to see if i can replicate the issue.

I did the above and have had the laptop running for close on 15hrs now without issue. I came across a post on some forum or other where a guy solved a similar issue by removing his Kaspersky as, similar to you mentioned above, his graphics chip was using a lot of RAM and then with other software and especially Kaspersky. He was getting similar BSOD errors i was getting.
So i removed Kaspersky and re-seated the RAM. Went through all the steps i did previously and all seems well.

I spoke with a friend of mine this evening and he said that the model of HP laptop that i'm having this issue with is notorious for the graphics chip having to be "re-balled" (HP Dv6-2112sa).
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay