Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

norwegian military alert being considered overly dramatic
norwegian food freaks me out... especially when it requires military intervention.

The Daily Meal Wrote:Most people have had the experience of finding very old and questionable leftovers that need to be quickly disposed of, but few encounter food so puffed-up and vile that they need to notify the armed forces. That happened recently when a Norwegian man found a 25-year-old tin of fermented herring that had been lost in his mountain cabin for decades.

Cabin owner Inge Haugen found the swollen can of fermented fish peeking out under the eaves of his roof. He says the can had actually managed to lift up the entire roof about two centimeters. Haugen was concerned because a tin of surströmming, or fermented herring, is a traditional Swedish delicacy that is enormously malodorous even while fresh. There’s no telling what might happen when a can is opened after 25 years.

Worried that the can might suddenly explode at any moment, Haugen called all his neighbors to warn them of the potential “stink bomb.” According to The Local, he even notified Norway’s Armed Forces.

Sweden’s Surströmming Academy, an organization dedicated to promoting fermented herring, is sending out herring expert Ruben Madsen to deal with the can.

“If there’s any fish left in the can,” he said. “I’m going to eat it.”

Madsen told The Local that there isn’t any risk of the can actually exploding, but he confirmed that the contents will be very, very smelly.

Madsen is excited to eat the 25-year-old surströmming and says his greatest fear is that there might not be any fish left.

“The biggest risk is that the fish never stopped fermenting and all that’s left is a can of smelly sauce,” he said.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/expert-sent-...-tin/21114

and to follow up on the original story:

UPI Wrote:TYRSIL, Norway, Feb. 18 (UPI) -- A Swedish fermented herring expert who traveled to Norway to take care of a 24-year-old can of surstromming herring said the fish has completely dissolved.
Ruben Madsen of the Surstromming Academy in Sweden traveled to Norway to take care of the can, which had been on Inge Haugen and Bjorg Hennum's roof in Tyrsil since a party they held in 1990, TheLocal.no reported Tuesday.

Madsen, who was contacted because the couple started to fear the swollen can of fish would explode, said the first thing he noticed when he opened the container was the odor.

"The smell was terrible," Madsen said. "At first when I opened the can, it smelt really good, but within 15, 20 , 30 seconds, when the oxygen started to affect the brine, it started to smell really, really bad. Normally surstromming smells really aggressive, but this was worse. It was terrible."

Madsen said he found the herring had completely dissolved into the brine.

"The release was a big success but the opening was a big mess," he said. "It was impossible to eat. It was some kind of rotten porridge. It was impossible to taste it."

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2014/02/18/2...392758499/

i'm sure there is also a logical reason as to why the can was wedged against the roof in the first place, but seeing how i don't care and all, i seem to not care.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(02-19-2014, 11:37 PM)srijantje Wrote: anyway,it probably turns out to be a can of cum left by VF when he immigrated to canada

AAAAAAAAAAAAHhahahahahhaaahahhhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

YES, which they used to inseminate the fleeting species of the hairy, ass faced wildebeast to increase the population!!!