Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

north korea: thwarted by windows
The New Yorker Wrote:April 11, 2013
North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

[Image: boro-kim-windows.jpg]

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—North Korea’s official news agency announced today that the military’s planned missile test had been put on hold because of “problems with Windows 8.”

Intelligence analysts said that the announcement gave rare insight into the inner workings of North Korea’s missile program, which until last year had been running on Windows 95.

The announcement from the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) did not indicate a new scheduled time for a missile test, saying only that it was “working with Windows 8 support to resolve the issue.”

In the words of one intelligence analyst, “That means the test has been delayed indefinitely.”

A source close to the North Korean regime reported that Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is furious about the Windows 8 problems and is considering a number of options, including declaring war on Microsoft.

source

windows: works better than the threat of invasion.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
If the North Koreans were using windows 95 up until last year, then windows 8 must be totally blowing their minds. Being a windows 8 user myself, I can begin to understand the declaration of war. China's microblogging site Sina Weibo, has rebroadcast the story unaware it was satire, and now other chinese media are circulating the story. Funniest thing since the KJU sexiest man alive slideshow. Big Grin
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
"North Korea has the same ability to launch a nuclear strike against America as I do.
It's like walking through a parking lot and getting barked at by a chihuahua locked in a car."
–Bill Maher
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
imagine if they had tried to figure out linux.... Confused
(04-20-2013, 01:30 AM)velvetfog Wrote: "North Korea has the same ability to launch a nuclear strike against America as I do.
It's like walking through a parking lot and getting barked at by a chihuahua locked in a car."
–Bill Maher
it's all to do with the fear factor
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
at least their photoshop skills are getting slightly better.

next item on their agenda... reducing the amount of ridicule associated with their goofy looking hats.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
he doesn't have his haircut going for him either
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Well, it is understandable.

They control every resource they have. They don't need to bother with something they can't pirate.
This message has been brought to you by RobertX.
Recently, I watched a number of documentaries that I found on TPB. They were some of the most interesting documentaries I've ever seen.

Bottom line, I can't make up my mind whether the North Koreans are totally out of their minds or are just putting on a very good show for their government.

The one thing that puzzles me is that most all of the North Korean people who have gotten out of that country seem to know the truth - whereas most all the people still living there seem to be honestly convinced their beloved leaders are the most wonderful people in the world and their state is the most wonderful state in the world.

Baffling? To the max! I can't figure it out at all. It is a real puzzle.

If you are interested in finding these documentaries, just search for "North Korea documentaries" and enjoy yourself.
(04-20-2013, 02:05 AM)shirepirate Wrote: imagine if they had tried to figure out linux.... Confused

They can always use Redflag. It's free and it's made by their communist allies.
This message has been brought to you by RobertX.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fucking Windows Updates Angry Angry Auto 1 1,228 09-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Last Post: HTorr3ntz
  What to do with North Korea LZA 23 5,506 01-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  The Most Pro-Capitalism Place to Live in North America Is… velvetfog 20 13,062 07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: velvetfog