Poll: What do I do?
This poll is closed.
Ditch her when you can.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Keep being her friend and ignore her shit.
50.00%
1 50.00%
Keep being her friend and try to change her.
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

irregtewrgregre
iregtrerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
fuckin hell,welcome to the forum
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
nice. I've only had two people that I considered by best friend. ones dead. the other is a hermit that started this website. welcome.
Fistfull of xanax
Just stop trying.

When I think about the real friends I have like @LannisterHater and @Bunny that wouldn't care if thirty years went by without a word they would still be the same friend that they are now. I will not jump through hoops or meet demands in exchange for my time and companionship. Likewise I do not ask my friends to do anything of the sort, but rather allow them the freedom to be themselves.

If I had a friend that asked to much of me then I would be honest with them and say thats how I felt-- if you have already done that then my step 2 is simple: ignore her. Ignore phone calls and texts and if she comes to visit don't come to the door.

Monitor the messages she leaves but do not reply. In time she will either become truly repentant of her ways and offer you some real evidence of change or she will move on to someone who will enable her. If she does the former than you have successfully helped her but keep in mind that you will always have to be conscious of those tendencies for the duration of the friendship.

If she chooses the latter (to walk away as well) then you have successfully rid your life of a burden.
have you tried boning her yet?
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(06-17-2013, 02:40 PM)Wildcard Wrote: Just stop trying.

I will not jump through hoops or meet demands in exchange for my time and companionship. Likewise I do not ask my friends to do anything of the sort, but rather allow them the freedom to be themselves.

If I had a friend that asked to much of me then I would be honest with them and say thats how I felt-- if you have already done that then my step 2 is simple: ignore her. Ignore phone calls and texts and if she comes to visit don't come to the door.

I agree with Wildcard. My best friends are the ones who I can talk about anything to. And they'll give me criticism if they feel I need it. Life is too short to have to worry about being the emotional caretaker of someone.Not to say don't help them when they are down, but I get the jist of your post...I can also feel the frustration.

However, friendship is a two way street, and it sounds like on her end,she's not capable of hearing the truth (or any negative feedback).
She's using childish tactics to fill some sort of hole that she thinks she lacks, and you're being manipulated into filling that hole. If she snaps out of it tomorrow, or 10 years from now, that's for her to decide. If she's too insecure to hear your advice, then you've done all you can. What I can say is, that hole will never be filled if you keep doing what you're doing.

I don't know...Maybe when she starts, say something like "You're always asking, you're fine, believe me if there was an issue you'd hear about it". Something to eek your way into talking about it.

Or you can be more direct. When she puts you through her trial asking how she's doing, tell her. "You're the only one who asks me these questions"

Those are just some thoughts, since it sounds like you do want to salvage your friendship. My advice would be to do whatever gives you peace, even if that means breaking off the friendship.

I wish you luck.
Tell her the truth. for Christ's sake do not under any circumstances pet her and let her act that way ever again!! she needs to grow up and put on her big girl panties. Omg i got a headache just reading the bullshit you put up with!! Seriously i commend you for trying to treat her nice. but enough already. she is acting childish and petty!!!
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
First off, welcome.

Second, just ignore her little games. If she gets pissed and wants to stop being your friend, let her. Let her come back if she wants to, but continue to ignore her little games. After several times of getting pissed, leaving, and returning; she will do one of two things. She will either leave permanently and hate you for not playing her little games, or stay and quit playing her games with you because you refuse to play them. Make sure to give her some positive reinforcement whenever she's not playing her little games with you.

Think of it like this.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
I agree with SporkBig Grin
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(06-18-2013, 04:30 AM)srijantje Wrote: I agree with SporkBig Grin

that's because i'm a genius.

seriously, op... fuck her. nothing can sooth the savage bitch like a cock.
repeat if necessary.

wear a condom.

(lemme know if you want me to edit your poll to include a porking option... i got this bro.) Wink
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.