Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

i'm confused
all that exists (matter, energy, time, space, etcetera) either came from something, in which case:

- how did that something come to exist?

or from nothing, in which case:

- how did nothing become something?

Spinning
You sound dangerously like a man trying to come to grips with whether there is a god or not. Scientists have neat little answers for most things, but even they tend to argue and debate over that question.

My answer, something larger than you and I started this top a-spinnin' . . . far be it from me to say more.
I suggest you read your Bible again (or maybe read it for the first time) and maybe you will find the answers you are looking for. Smile
a "creator" or "god" or "deity" or whatever you wanna call it fits in the "all that exists came from something" theory.
the "something" being said entity. in which case, the question would be "how did that something come to exist"?
(08-09-2013, 11:23 AM)bob5695 Wrote: all that exists (matter, energy, time, space, etcetera) either came from something, in which case:

Hi Bob! I hope you are doing well! Smile Smile

Could it be that someone with a real powerful imagination just imagined it and told someone about his imagined image and they told someone else and so on and so on and ... now we are all sharing that same imagination?

Each of us might imagine it to be something quite different. But for some reason, we all seem to know that we call our own personal image the same name that other people do - even if those other people imagine it to be something very different from what we imagine it.
you see, time did not exist before RC. so everything came from wildcard.
Fistfull of xanax
(08-09-2013, 11:52 AM)AliShibaz Wrote: Hi Bob! I hope you are doing well! Smile Smile

hi! Cool

(08-09-2013, 11:52 AM)AliShibaz Wrote: Could it be that someone with a real powerful imagination just imagined it and told someone about his imagined image and they told someone else and so on and so on and ... now we are all sharing that same imagination?

Each of us might imagine it to be something quite different. But for some reason, we all seem to know that we call our own personal image the same name that other people do - even if those other people imagine it to be something very different from what we imagine it.

that's something else. reality vs perception of reality.

(08-09-2013, 11:58 AM)LannisterHater Wrote: you see, time did not exist before RC. so everything came from wildcard.

/thread
(08-09-2013, 11:23 AM)bob5695 Wrote: all that exists (matter, energy, time, space, etcetera) either came from something, in which case:

or from nothing, in which case:

- how did nothing become something?

Spinning

If you have a head so take care of it or this thoughts might ends up with that you loose what you got

Big Grin
Pirates Live Forever So Do Names Man behind It Not

[Image: par-ty.gif]

(08-09-2013, 11:46 AM)bob5695 Wrote: in which case, the question would be "how did that something come to exist"?

It has been compared to a circle: no ending and no beginning. This is the chicken vs. the egg, an argument that has gone on longer than most others.

I feel that everything we see, hear, touch, smell and taste is an implanted sensory perception and that we are all probably wandering around in a padding cell mumbling to ourselves while some little trolls dance around and laugh.
Before one thing was distinguished from another, I guess you can say it was all nothing, since there was nothing else to compare it to. How can there be something, without something else...

An occurrence (be it the big bang theory or god creating shit - I tend to believe it was both, but god not being a god as a man in the sky, but the energy or whatever it took to make everything as a one, into everything into many parts). Now that everything was not one thing, but different things, the differences can be identified & named (the nothing broke into something's), and the time it took to get from one different thing to another can be measured (time was created).

Wut?