• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

i just need a vent
    hi everyone, i just need a serious chance to vent some frustrations, I've already gone through my anger stage and am totally sane again but i need to start talking this out.

my main concern is that i repress my frustrations and they come back out twice as nasty, i know i shouldn't push down my feeling like this but understand this, i don't have anyway to release them, at school i feel like throwing a fit but can't, at home i can't talk with my parents about anything (just tonight my mom told me to stop crying when i was frustrated over grades). school guidance counselors are a joke, and i don't want to bother my friends.

with no vent i repress my feeling until releasing them with tears, just tonight a cried and paced to work off my anger (I've never paced like that before).

thank you for taking the time to read this, just writing this down helped a lot already, i hope you have a nice day/night.
    (03-21-2016, 08:07 PM)mystic Wrote:  i just need a vent.

[Image: r3AaYjv.jpg]
    thanks a ton man....i actually needed that. great job
    I know what you could do... Murder everyone at your School, Workplace, etc. ...
    nah, i don't want jail time and i'm pretty sure murder is illegal last i checked.
    (03-21-2016, 08:07 PM)mystic Wrote:  my main concern is that i repress my frustrations
    [...]
    i don't have anyway to release them

There is nothing wrong with repressing frustration. That is what most grown people do. The problem is with people who have repressed memories or can't feel free to accept that they are feeling certain emotions.

Repress: Definition

Frustration in life is an external event that triggers an internal reaction. For most people, it is the urge to retaliate verbally, but they often subdue their frustration and say nothing. For some people, it is the urge to take it to the next level and become loud and/or violent. By all means, we should repress these urges brought on by frustration.

(03-21-2016, 08:07 PM)mystic Wrote:  (just tonight my mom told me to stop crying when i was frustrated)

This is a good example of what I am talking about. Many people in today's politically correct society will tell you that crying is good for you-- and it is in the appropriate circumstances. Your mother passes away; you find out you have inoperable cancer; or you accidentally kill someone with your car: there is nothing wrong with crying about that. But your grades? No. Stiff upper lip. There are things worth crying about, but that is not one of them.

(03-21-2016, 08:07 PM)mystic Wrote:  school guidance counselors are a joke, and i don't want to bother my friends.

I obviously don't know anything about you, but I would hazard a guess that you are young and that you don't have a 'best friend'. That is a relationship that you need to cultivate. It is very important to have at least one person you can spill your guts too.

If you already have a best friend, then have a talk with them. You don't have to tell everything at once, but getting even a few secrets off your chest will help.