Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

get over yourself already
I am so sick of all the politically correct BS everywhere I turn. Why is it that people are no longer able to have a free thought, personal values, or and independent opinion.Angry
Every word from anyones mouth can be judged by someone as racial, insensitive, or bigoted. No where is it written that you have the right to never be offended, and the fact that I have a different point of view does not make me a bigot, or a racist.Huh
If disagreeing with your position, on any topic, makes me a racially insensitive ignorant bigot... then what are you by disagreeing with my position?
Listen... I don't care who you sleep with, or where you take it... I don't care what color your skin is or what country you want to hyphenate your nationality with. I don't care... in the grand scheme of things you're really not that important anyway.The Finger
Are you doing anything that in a hundred years from now your name will be in the history books as having done something life altering for society? Doubt it.
people need to get over themselves and realize that they aren't the only ones on the planet who have a thought.
whew...
rant over... I'll step down off my soap box now.Whistle
if it's a pain in your ass, you're probably doing it wrong. Just sayin.
Soapbox rants are the best kind Wink

I agree completely. People tend to try to deflect arguments they don't agree with by saying that the argument itself is flawed-- racist, sexist, whatever. Just be honest and admit that you are a whiny little bitch rather than going to great lengths to try to defame my character to refute my argument.
(06-27-2013, 12:34 PM)whitsend Wrote: If disagreeing with your position, on any topic, makes me a racially insensitive ignorant bigot... then what are you by disagreeing with my position?
Listen... I don't care who you sleep with, or where you take it... I don't care what color your skin is or what country you want to hyphenate your nationality with. I don't care... in the grand scheme of things you're really not that important anyway.The Finger

(06-27-2013, 01:53 PM)Wildcard Wrote: Soapbox rants are the best kind Wink

I agree completely. People tend to try to deflect arguments they don't agree with by saying that the argument itself is flawed-- racist, sexist, whatever. Just be honest and admit that you are a whiny little bitch rather than going to great lengths to try to defame my character to refute my argument.

Interesting...I'm not that great in articulating, but I'll try anyway.

I think it's because deep down, people don't really have an opinion they can call their own...They just go with the general consensus or by what their religious, or political leaders stances are. Instead of having a thought, they hold onto these "soundbytes" from what they hear, and try to apply it as their own. The problem with that is, since it's not their original thought to begin with, they don't have the deep sourse of knowledge in which to defend their points, and so, they resort to name calling.. Prove my point wrong instead of calling me a racist or, sexist (or whatever it is) and proving your point by basically incorrectly trying to "out" someone as a specific judgement when a person is using specific words to describe their point.

It's almost like a little bit of knowledge makes them dangerous. The problem is they'll never see what they're doing, and you can't talk logically with them, so when you resign because you know this person is just a shithead, this person actually thinks they won the point since you stopped arguing... That type of stupid is the woirst type there is...
If your argument is logically correct or your opponent does not have the intellect to find the flaws in the logic of your argument, then they cannot attack it logically and must attack it politically. If they also do not have the knowledge to attack it politically, then their attack is directed toward discrediting the source of the argument.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
The fact that people even worry about offending others boggles my mind. I tend to go out of my way to be extra callous in public.

Why just the other day I was purchasing some produce and the girl behind the counter asked if I wanted to donate my change to some sickly child fund. My response was, word for word, "Fuck no" and I laughed. She stared at me open jawed and probably in slight contempt of my utter boorishness as I sauntered out of the store (feeling quite proud of myself I might add).

The point is, I don't care if I offend others because I amuse the shit out of myself and occasionally others as well. Isn't that what life is all about? Amusing yourself?
(06-27-2013, 12:34 PM)whitsend Wrote: [...] I don't care [...]what country you want to hyphenate your nationality with.[...]

i care... because the majority of those people are faggots.

unless one is a dual citizen (or more)... they don't get to fucking hyphenate their nationality.

the sooner we fucking let these people know that what they are calling themselves is beyond fucking stupid, the sooner we can start letting them know that they are all a bunch of little dainty-cock sucking fucktards.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(06-28-2013, 12:45 AM)sporkium Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 12:34 PM)whitsend Wrote: [...] I don't care [...]what country you want to hyphenate your nationality with.[...]

i care... because the majority of those people are faggots.

unless one is a dual citizen (or more)... they don't get to fucking hyphenate their nationality.

the sooner we fucking let these people know that what they are calling themselves is beyond fucking stupid, the sooner we can start letting them know that they are all a bunch of little dainty-cock sucking fucktards.

Hear, Hear!!! That shit drives me nuts. I love calling people out on that bullshit.

My Dad was born in Denmark, lived there until he was 12 before immigrating and I would NEVER claim to be Danish. As sporkium pointed out, those people are fucking clowns.

Funny enough though, if an Asian person says they are Chinese/Vietnamese/Korean/whatever even if they weren't born in said country it is acceptable. Double standards are great.

But what about African-Americans? Black folk in America are refered to as African-American (Thanks for pointing out the obvious, even if it isn't true since they all have multi-generations ahead of them that are American.) and that shit is fucking stupid on a whole other level. How is America supposed to break down racial/cultural barriers if people that have lived in the country for generations refuse to actually be American?
I find it strange that even if someone is Jamaican, they are still referred to as being an African-American. Why am I not called a European-American?
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
Again, it's the pure stupidity of these people that is at the base of any of these issues. And the stupidity that faggitzes any type of logic they try to relay about ANY subject.

I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can...I agree with Spork's & Not's stance that the hyphenating is an all together another lever of queerisim, and these people don't see it. They want to be acknowledged that they were formerly hurt in some cases...( for ex: Africans weren't treated the same way as other Americans, so somehow taking their motherland identity will give them back their respect, and Africa American is what they then wanted to be known as... People like MLK fought (and died, to be considered just an equal American, which is what they should be called) Their one dimensional thinking in regards to respect is actually putting them farther back, AND THEY DO IT TO THEMSELVES...

Another example, People I used to work with told me they are Canadian-American, meaning they live here but don't want to forget their heritage... FUCK YOU No you're not. They want their cake and eat it too by living here, but not being put into the same category as an American, since they are Canadian American.. That's bullshit on so many levels...My granparents on both sides were Canadian, but I was born here so I'm an American...

It's the inner characteristics that makes the person, not whatever fucked up label they decide to give themselves...But then again...If the person has those types of character flaws, then you get people like the OP mentioned...Round and round we go I guess...
(06-28-2013, 05:50 PM)NOT Wrote: But what about African-Americans? Black folk in America are refered to as African-American

they're the worst... almost as bad as asian-americans. mother fucking bitches claiming an entire continent. ftw... don't get me started on those 'south' americans...
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.