Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

family issues...
back when i was growing up, i was what you would call, 'anti-social' and it wasn't because i was setting fire to police cars or burning down churches, it was because there were a few things about life that i couldn't understand.

okay, the whole ten hot dogs per package vs. eight buns per package oddity was easy to figure out... its a marketing -- rather genius -- ploy. this strategy locks customers into a hotdog consumption loop that requires you to buy four packs of hotdogs and five packages of buns to ensure the proper wiener to bun ratio.

this was such a successful plan that other hotdog and bread companies got wise and started their own schemes that altered the number of wieners and buns per package, thus throwing off the ratio and creating chaos.

this thread is not about that.

this thread is about weird shit your family does.

for example, when i was living with my parents, they would buy plastic trash bags when they were on sale however, we were never allowed to use trash bags because there was no point in buying something just to throw it away. by the time i left for college, there was a stack of about 40 boxes of trash bags sitting in the corner of the garage... all unopened.

we weren't allowed to use paper towels either for almost the same reason, however, if you looked at another shelf in the garage, you would think we were hoarding cleaning supplies.

we had a lawn i wasn't allowed wear shoes on, televisions that were never turned on, air conditioners that were never used once, etc.

post your family's idiosyncrasies.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
i wasn't allowed to own a toy gun[later i found my grampa's pistol from ww2],also wasn't allowed to join the boyscouts,uniforms and all that,not that i wanted to
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
not quite what i had in mind, but alrighty.

i just remembered something else. when i was younger, i was only allowed to keep each of my toys for a few months, after which, i had to donate them to charity. so, on one hand, everything was always changing and on the other, i developed the ability to realize that nothing lasts for ever.

*cough*zen head fluck*cough*
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Wasn’t that good parenting on your parent’s behalf showing you that there are those with less than you and sharing is good?

If you think about it the sharing part of you is down to your parents in making you what you are today.

A Pirate [Image: avatar_287473-2.gif]
I wasn't allowed to go to football games at school, go to the skating rink, wear shorts, grow my hair long, pierce my ears, listen to any music but Christian music or date when I lived at home because of my parents cultish religion . . . That's why I left home at 15.
Wildcard is awesome.
My dad was a fanatic about good driving skills. He would give me a lecture if i had 4 girls in the car with me, with the radio turned up loud. this is when i was 16 and just got my license. but then he drove a truck for over 20 years and would talk on the cb radio, make a sandwich, drive and shift gears, look at a road map, and hold a discussion with me. but he called that
professional driving. lol. He was a great driver though. (haven't thought about a cb radio in years)Smile
RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
(06-09-2012, 10:03 AM)Bunny81 Wrote: My dad was a fanatic about good driving skills. He would give me a lecture if i had 4 girls in the car with me, with the radio turned up loud. this is when i was 16 and just got my license. but then he drove a truck for over 20 years and would talk on the cb radio, make a sandwich, drive and shift gears, look at a road map, and hold a discussion with me. but he called that
professional driving. lol. He was a great driver though. (haven't thought about a cb radio in years)Smile

Off Topic Your dad was a great man and my grandpa always said that no one could sing or drive that tour bus better than him. Hats Off
Wildcard is awesome.
Thank you Mark. that's really sweet of your grandpa to say. makes my heart swell. seems like the good ones always go first.

apologies for the off topic moment OP. Smile
(06-08-2012, 09:22 PM)stormium Wrote: for example, when i was living with my parents, they would buy plastic trash bags when they were on sale however, we were never allowed to use trash bags because there was no point in buying something just to throw it away. by the time i left for college, there was a stack of about 40 boxes of trash bags sitting in the corner of the garage... all unopened.

we weren't allowed to use paper towels either for almost the same reason, however, if you looked at another shelf in the garage, you would think we were hoarding cleaning supplies.

we had a lawn i wasn't allowed wear shoes on, televisions that were never turned on, air conditioners that were never used once, etc.

people like that disgust me profoundly. i'm sorry, i know they're your parents but...

Angry

some people even go to the point of NOT REMOVING the plastic wrapping on remote controls.
it makes me wanna puke!

Angry

i had to let that out.

i remember my dad only drank milk if the (what do you call it? carton?) was open. he never opened it himself.
What about the ppl who keep plastic on their couches? Gosh i hate that. whenever you move you would sound like a gas bag!!! lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My current issues jrua 0 250 07-26-2017, 04:30 AM
Last Post: jrua