Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

downloading at Starbucks?
This might be better asked at Suprbay, but they are currently adrift.

My local place for open wifi has recently disappeared and I am in search of another. There is a Starbucks. I'm trying that for the first time today. Advisable or inadvisable to download there? You have to register and login but no actual identifying thing.
(I'm not in the US btw.,)
]
thanks,
I'm really not best placed to answer your query, but I did some checking on your country's starbucks page and it seems there are no restrictions. What I actually mean by that is that I haven't yet come across a list of restrictions or any rules related to downloading.

This is the site I checked, which asks that all wifi users read the privacy policy, but aside from that, I can't see anything about dl stuff, so cannot tell you whether it's advisable or not. I've had a look for any tech-headz online who might be able to help, but there's no one about at the moment. Sorry I couldn't provide further information. Blush
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
go for it... the worst thing that can happen is they ban your mac address and you have to go somewhere else... but, this can be avoided by getting a cheap little wifi card so that they don't get their hands on your actual mac address.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Well, I did it. I registered with a hotmail address. Downloaded like 4 gigs in 2 hours. And ate one overpriced cinnamon roll. Rolleyes

What I am pondering is whether to open a new hotmail and spread it out.
In any case, as far as Starbucks is concerned, I figure I have at least ONE excuse of I didn't know any better. Overall, great news for me.

This is not too far from one of my work sites.. and 2 hours here is like a week's worth of DLs at home. Main drawback is getting a seat near an electric outlet.

thx guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about downloading AliShibaz 13 4,943 04-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Last Post: karpackie
  Question about downloading from P2P apps. AliShibaz 17 5,940 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bob5695