Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

~best software for duplicate files?
Question 
I know I have a bunch of duplicate files, image, video and music too probably. Whats the best software to find and help me delete the duplicates?
(05-26-2012, 10:44 AM)RuralWatcher Wrote: I know I have a bunch of duplicate files, image, video and music too probably. Whats the best software to find and help me delete the duplicates?

ok please say exactly what you mean by duplicate,e.g where are they stored HuhHuh
(05-26-2012, 10:44 AM)RuralWatcher Wrote: I know I have a bunch of duplicate files, image, video and music too probably. Whats the best software to find and help me delete the duplicates?

Easy Duplicate Finder 1.4.3 (Delete & Find Duplicate Files) Nice small little app. (635KB approx) that will do the job nicely for you Big GrinBig GrinTongue
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
I have a large external hard drive that I have been dumping files into for a couple years now. I know there is duplications in there, just not sure the best software to help me find the duplicates and delete them.

I tried one software a couple months ago but it wasn't very good.
I gave you a link. Be very careful what you delete and keep!!!!
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
yeah thats what i didn't like about the other software, it didn't tell you much just wanted to delete everything
thanks for the info,i found one for mac i'm gonna try
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I've downloaded the one Kaiser mentioned and put it on the desktop and got it started, it looks like it's gonna take awhile to scan that drive
i'm gonna try later on my external which i know has a shit load of duplicate photos
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
ok, let it run and then I looked to see where most of the duplicates were and manually deleted some. I'm moving a bunch of files around and when that's done I'm going to reboot it and run it again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SolvedOpening azw3 files on Kindle for PC. radiobox 6 6,908 06-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Post: sporkium
  Flash Video Files 2010kaiser 7 2,200 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Last Post: sporkium
  Movie Compression Software 2010kaiser 6 2,359 12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Last Post: RobertX