Current time: 06-29-2017, 12:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all you supergeeks, you know I love you
04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
all you supergeeks, you know I love you
anyone know how to get rid of bigseekpro from my computer?

I've looked online for a solution but I suspect they're all fake, since they're telling me to look for things in firefox plugins and such that aren't actually there anyway... and of course, every time I google the fucking thing it hijacks my browser... I can get rid of it temporarily, but it always seems to come back (I think it may be attaching itself to one of the plugin updates, probably flashplayer I'd say)

No fucking censorship. Ever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: all you supergeeks, you know I love you
Leanne, do you have any toolbars running in FF? From what I understand bigseekpro can come bundled with some add-ons or toolbars and you would need to remove them to get rid of bigseekpro.

Other advice I have found suggests a registry edit is needed.

If no one here knows I will start a thread for you at SB.

Wildcard is awesome.
04-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I've removed all the toolbars I can... I think it's something associated with sweetim, which appeared out of the blue one day and was nearly impossible to remove... I've tried registry edits as well Sad

04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Moved to mutual help/admin

Wildcard is awesome.
04-11-2012, 07:11 PM
in firefox... instead of a url, type: 'about:config' and go from there... i'm assuming since you did registry edits, you will be able to deal with plugins on firefox.

that bigseek thing installs with other install packages... but is not attached to any other program... so its removal is as easy as locating it and deleting it.

if all else fails, you can use the microsoft online malicious removal tool and see if that works.
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
good call little puppet man... i'm proud of you Big Grin

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Facepalm

Wildcard is awesome.
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
(04-11-2012 07:11 PM)invictrium Wrote:  in firefox... instead of a url, type: 'about:config' and go from there... i'm assuming since you did registry edits, you will be able to deal with plugins on firefox.

that bigseek thing installs with other install packages... but is not attached to any other program... so its removal is as easy as locating it and deleting it.

if all else fails, you can use the microsoft online malicious removal tool and see if that works.

Thanks, I did that once and it got rid of it temporarily, but it keeps coming back and I wonder if it's not just going into hiding... sneaky little fucker... although I'll give it a shot again assuming that it's just hitched in with another program again.

The microsoft tool, like Bill Gates himself, was ineffectual Smile

04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
thats the thing... it 'shouldn't' be part of another program... that would mean that a certain company has employed unfair business practices.

i'll do some google research for you and try to find you a a definative answer.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
04-11-2012, 08:24 PM
really? internet companies doing dodgy things? surely not!

I just went and reset a whole stack of values in the about: config, and holy crap the net runs fast now! Well, relatively, given I'm still in an internet backwater...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)