Current time: 07-27-2017, 09:44 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Your Word
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Lightbulb Your Word
I get so tired of lying ass people. A business associate of mine was supposed to meet me to discuss important changes that need to be made. We had arranged to rendevouz at a coffee shop that is actually out of the way for me. I agreed to meet him there for his convenience and yet after I had waited for anyone he hadn't shown up or even called. I had called and texted him several times with no response so I finally left and went home.

Two hours after we were supposed to meet I called him again and when he answered the phone he gave me some long spill about something important coming up that prevented him from showing. So I asked him if his emergency had also prevented him from calling me and letting me know! Angry I spent a lot of time and money to keep my word and was actually even early to our meeting but in spite of all this he didn't even care enough to call and let me know that he wasn't coming.

When I was a child my grandfather always told me that a man's word was the most important thing. To always do what you say you will do and in the rare occasions that you can't to make sure that you face it head on and take responsibility for failing to keep a promise.

Apparently some people didn't get the memo. It's fine. Because of his actions I have chosen to no longer do business with this person and someone else will benefit from his stupidity.

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: Your Word
If I make a firm promise, I stick to it -- occasionally, people assume that me saying "we should do that some time" is a firm promise, and I'm the world's worst procrastinator so of course these things never actually happen. Still, I do pride myself on doing as I say I'll do, it's just best to set my time frame for me Smile

I always expect others to keep their word. I'm often disappointed, obviously, but I'd rather maintain faith that it will happen than assume people are lying and insult the ones who aren't. Nonetheless, with me it's one chance and that's it. And I'd always notify someone if I was running late or unable to keep an appointment -- I hate the idea of being thought rude or inconsiderate (unless it's on purpose!)

No fucking censorship. Ever.
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Tell ya what if that was me i would personally tell them where to shove it

01-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Agreed KP. That's why I've taken my business elsewhere Angry

Wildcard is awesome.
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
A man is only as good as his word. I believe that whole heartly. Not calling or texting or communicating in anyway that they would have to miss a scheduled appointment is strait disrespect. How long does is take to send a text or make a phone call?...

Fistfull of xanax
01-09-2012, 02:45 AM
i always keep my appointments,i'm one of those people who's always too early,if i can't keep it ,i phone,no lame excuses will do,really pisses me off

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
01-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Same here, guys (and Leanne). Especially when it's business, but really all the time.

Wildcard is awesome.
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM
If I am not there 30 minutes early, to any appointment...I consider myself already late. REALLY REALLY have trust issues with people who cannot keep an appointment especially where business is concerned. HEY MARK....good going taking your business elsewhere. Whoever the liar was, he will regret screwing you. I can't tell you how many times that being early has given me some advantages in life. And really how hard is it to text somebody, and say, "can't make it, let's reschedule." Gosh, phones practically text for you now!!!!!! HuhAngry

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
01-10-2012, 10:33 AM
^Exactly . . . it just goes to show you that people really don't give a damn about your time Angry

Wildcard is awesome.
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Most common courtesies and manners have disappeared. That being said, at least the guy showed you what he's made of before you entered into a business contract. That's much better than being tricked into believing you are dealing with integrity only to be burned later on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)