• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

YouTube is a job? How ludicrous!
    Hello to all members of this forum. I joined because I like to argue and complain and so far none of my peers seem to like it. Albeit For obvious reasons. Anyway this has been on my mind for quite some time now and I deem it necessary to voice my opinion to the public. Why in the name of all things holy is being a "professional" YouTuber or "professional gamer" considered a real job. I get the fact that they are entertainers and I am not denying that, but is screaming in front of a camera and acting like a total mouth breathing imbecile really considered an actual job by the intellectually deprived masses. I get the whole "entertainer" thing and I actually respect YouTubers who take part time jobs to supplement their YouTube career. But the money they make for acting like adult children on camera is far too much. There are doctors, engineers and research scientists who are saving lives and pushing the bleeding edge of known science who are making less than these people. Which disgusts me to the point of wanting to projectile vomit. I'm sure I am not the only one on this forum that thinks these adult children need to grow up and step out of their fantasy worlds. Wherein playing games for a living without taking other real jobs is socially acceptable. I am interested in what the community has to say. Hey if nothing else I got this off of my shoulder. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day all!
    (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM by vogon1999.)
    in a world where the only criteria is money and personal dignity or integrity plays no role,I'm not surprised by all this,look at advertising for example,or"journalism".Bankers?politicians?

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    As far as jobs go, they're just entertainers. As our resident reprobate pointed out, bankers and politicians do far less work for far more money.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    @vogon1999, if you're questioning the validity of uploading videos as a job then I think you will find it hard to knock the fact that they upload videos and make money-- thus it is a job.

However, commenting on the annoyance level, I'd have to agree whole-heartedly. At least some of the time.

I judge YouTube videos on a case-by-case basis-- and I do not judge them based on whether the uploader is trying to make a career out of it or not. My opinion is based on whether or not the video is entertaining.

Sadly, most of them aren't and these stupid fuckers seem to put out the majority of the videos I see.

At least it is better than all the videos of dads getting hit in the nuts Big Grin
    i like the videos where the girlies are shaking their butts... if that ain't work, dunno what is.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (03-09-2015, 10:45 PM)srijantje Wrote:  in a world where the only criteria is money and personal dignity or integrity plays no role,I'm not surprised by all this,look at advertising for example,or"journalism".Bankers?politicians?

Agree 100%

(03-10-2015, 01:13 PM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  As far as jobs go, they're just entertainers. As our resident reprobate pointed out, bankers and politicians do far less work for far more money.

Agree 100%

(03-10-2015, 04:28 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  @vogon1999, if you're questioning the validity of uploading videos as a job then I think you will find it hard to knock the fact that they upload videos and make money-- thus it is a job.

However, commenting on the annoyance level, I'd have to agree whole-heartedly. At least some of the time.

Agree 100% And I'm kinda envious that I don't have a job where someone gives me $$ to upload videos od dads getting hit in the nuts...

(03-10-2015, 07:17 PM)sporkium Wrote:  i like the videos where the girlies are shaking their butts... if that ain't work, dunno what is.
    Agree 100% What would you rather do, watch wiggling butts for a living or shooting your spine out when you pick up something too heavy at the construction site???? Exactly.

I loved my nursing care job, but breaking balls for less money makes no sense. My insurance job, The only thing I had to push was buttons on a computer. I'd love a You-Tube job...
    Well its a two edged sword I think, I mean if some mouth breather wants to act all hip because he's got a YouTube channel or he games all day then I say great, hold the idiot to all the standards he should be held to, minimum forty hours a week, force him to get insurance, report him to the IRS for not paying taxes, I mean fuck with him about in some way, I'm a price of shit, I'm online almost twenty four hours a day, I don't have a delusion that I'm a professional holding a job, no I'm a shit pail.
    (06-12-2015, 10:11 AM)jerkoff Wrote:  Well its a two edged sword I think, I mean if some mouth breather wants to act all hip because he's got a YouTube channel or he games all day then I say great, hold the idiot to all the standards he should be held to, minimum forty hours a week, force him to get insurance, report him to the IRS for not paying taxes, I mean fuck with him about in some way, I'm a price of shit, I'm online almost twenty four hours a day, I don't have a delusion that I'm a professional holding a job, no I'm a shit pail.

You're not a shit pail bro. You're just believing your own delusions and that's not your fault, because the depression is causing you to believe this shit. You know how I know? because I am you. I've gone through the same damn thing you're going through. Honestly, (and this may be a shit thing to say) but I'm comfortable being in the depression. ya know? Its a familiar feeling...
    (06-12-2015, 10:05 PM)LZA Wrote:  
    (06-12-2015, 10:11 AM)jerkoff Wrote:  Well its a two edged sword I think, I mean if some mouth breather wants to act all hip because he's got a YouTube channel or he games all day then I say great, hold the idiot to all the standards he should be held to, minimum forty hours a week, force him to get insurance, report him to the IRS for not paying taxes, I mean fuck with him about in some way, I'm a price of shit, I'm online almost twenty four hours a day, I don't have a delusion that I'm a professional holding a job, no I'm a shit pail.

You're not a shit pail bro. You're just believing your own delusions and that's not your fault, because the depression is causing you to believe this shit. You know how I know? because I am you. I've gone through the same damn thing you're going through. Honestly, (and this may be a shit thing to say) but I'm comfortable being in the depression. ya know? Its a familiar feeling...
    I can neither confirm nor deny what you said. Although I will say this, considering my girl friend is as close to a saint as they come there has to be some redeeming quality about me, what it is idk.
    (06-13-2015, 12:28 AM)jerkoff Wrote:  I can neither confirm nor deny what you said. Although I will say this, considering my girl friend is as close to a saint as they come there has to be some redeeming quality about me, what it is idk.

Depression has been know to atrophy your brain to up to 20%. Think of it this way...If you wake up with 20% less of your arm or leg, you'd definitely notice, and it wouldn't be your fault you couldn't do what you used to do... You can't see 20% in your brain cuz your skull doesn't shrink...

Trust me bro, I've been depressed for 42 years, and a student to learning everything about it for the last 3-4. I've read the articles from known psychiatrists who've done tests (not just me making excuses for myself).

Your negative thinking/talk is the disease of depression talking, not you.. I hope you're not like me where antidepressants don't help...

I know I'm smart, but not the smartest person in the world, so I'll but my belief and faith in the doctors who I know are smarter than me..

Look into it. you deserve to give yourself a break.

PS: you should make our own thread in the pit and not derail this thread... I'll be happy to ttalk to tou there Smile

Chris
    (This post was last modified: 06-14-2015, 11:56 PM by LZA.)

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by Wildcard
    09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
      Help Request youtube
    Last Post by srijantje
    12-13-2012, 07:20 AM
    Last Post by Mark
    09-03-2012, 10:33 AM