Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

X MARKS THE SPOT
I agree partly with both of you, and that's not just because I like having friends over the internet Smile

It is important to have guns to dissuade government tyranny, but I do think background checks are in order. You know, just to make sure the guy who gets the gun isn't a mental fucking psychopath.
On the other hand, the powerful/corporations/loominarty/government don't need to take guns when they can just spin stories in the media, and have gullible people rote learn them
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
you really think you can dissuade government with a couple of guns while they have aircraft carriers and f-16 at their disposal?isn't it more likely people start shooting at each other out of frustration as is happening now?
I agree with you that the media [corporation,government]propaganda machine is working full tilt
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
by law... the us military cannot be used against american citizens in the united states... at the most, only the national guard can... and under orders from the governor of the state... or fema... and that's only during a disaster... this of course excludes other paramilitary law enforcement groups... which are unconstitutional and therefore illegal... so, anyway... an air national guard unit can be used... and if it came to that, the government would truly be tyranical and need to be replaced.

authority only works with the cooperation and approval of the people.

disarming people is very united nationish and european... and even that along with nato cannot operate without our consent.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
so that's why you have a militarized police force these days and yes,authority only works with the consent of people,that's why you brainwash them

the government in the u.s def.has to be replaced,so does the e.u."government'
nato is the extension of the u.s.army in europe,since we have been vassal states since the end of ww11,just like the eastern european countries were vassal states of the soviet union
of small minds[
(06-21-2016, 08:38 PM)srijantje Wrote: you really think you can dissuade government with a couple of guns while they have aircraft carriers

@sporkium already said it, but the US can't deploy the military with the mission of killing American citizens. The US can only deploy The National Guard under extenuating circumstances-- and even then the media would crucify any President, Governor, or Sheriff who massacred civilians unless they were being threatened violently at the time.

It would be hard for me to understand the inner-workings of the society in which you live, so I am not surprised that you have trouble understanding that in America, almost all of us are carrying in some form or the other. I have three guns. One for home, one for my car and one that stays in my desk drawer in the office. And in the South, that would make me only fairly well armed.

Love it or hate it, our laws were intended to make the citizens (the people) strong enough to squash the bullshit, if need be.
people in my country get killed by guns very rarely
of small minds[
(06-23-2016, 09:55 PM)srijantje Wrote: people in my country get killed by guns very rarely

the country you are from or the country you live in? two different things.

in europe, the main weapon used for killing other people are knives and long boring inane speeches.

in india: the global leader in black market arms trading... the second highest number of murders and the highest number of gang rapes... well... nuff said.

anyway. back on topic: new modern weapons. why? because firing a gun is like throwing a rock. i want to see some real progress in the arms development sector and i know i'm not alone. robots anyone? robotic pig thing that has a plasma cannon or controls a low orbital ion cannon?
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
as long as you use them in your own country,fine with me
of small minds[
(06-23-2016, 06:51 PM)Wildcard Wrote: It would be hard for me to understand the inner-workings of the society in which you live, so I am not surprised that you have trouble understanding that in America, almost all of us are carrying in some form or the other. I have three guns. One for home, one for my car and one that stays in my desk drawer in the office. And in the South, that would make me only fairly well armed.

what?3 guns?are you feeling threatened?why's that?I've never felt threatened in my life except maybe in a bar or something
of small minds[
A policeman pulls over an elderly lady. As he is going through his speech, he asks the standard question, "Do you have any weapons in the vehicle?"

She replies, "Yes. I have a pistol under my seat, a bigger pistol in the glove box, a shotgun under the back seat and an AR15 in the trunk."

The officer is take aback and stunned, asks, "Ma'am, what are you afraid of?"

She gives him a proud look and says, "I ain't scared of a motherfucking thing!"