Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

X MARKS THE SPOT
An ambitious title for an ambitious post.
I was never one for much small-talk, so I’ll jump straight into the thick of it.

Where has gunpowder gotten us?
It has given us nothing but war and, inevitably, death. We are sprayed with its black powder, and the darkness seeps into our skin as much as blood, and yet, we continue to use it. I am by no means a fool. I realize that gunpowder will not simply cease to exist, and I doubt most countries would allow it to vanish.
Let’s be practical here. We all know that gunpowder is, and—most likely—always will be, used by the masses.

One government will not stop using gunpowder unless it was sure that every other country in the world stopped using it at the same time—which, I don’t think I need to say—is impossible.

The very thought of it is outrageous.

So, no, I am not calling for governments to lay down their arms, and no, I am not calling for the masses to lay down their arms. Horizons can only stretch so far, and it will not stretch that far.

I did not merely write all of this to rant about gunpowder, because I am a man of action, and I don’t think any of the above is possible. I am going to propose something outrageous. Something that will require consideration and deep thought. Not because it is violent; no blood would be shed. But because it is revolutionary.

Ideas are the cornerstone of society and the people who built democracy’s were revolutionaries. I believe that the time is ripe to usher in a new era. An era where violence by gunpowder, uranium, and plutonium is nonexistent.

In short terms, I aim to get rid of everything that makes a bang. Bombs. Guns. Atom bombs. Hydrogen bombs. I can name a million more things, but I think you get the point.

How will I make this happen? Well, I can't make everyone just drop everything, can I? We'll start like this: I was once told that to make change, I must first start with myself.

I think I'm going to heed that advice.

But I'm also going to take it a step further.

Enough rambling: my plan is to build communities where these things don't exist. At all. It's not like I can make it disappear off the face of the Earth, but what I can do, (with some help), is to monitor what comes in and out of this city community, to make sure that gunpowder and other such poisons will never land on our soil. We can make an advanced society, even! Think about it. A fresh start. A place where you can live without fear, without the constant protests. This country would essentially be run by a council of five, chosen by the people of this country. Each of the five would represent a component of society. Agriculture, economics, and so on.

This won't be easy. We would never receive support from anyone who is too attached to the old-ways.

To begin, we would need experts of almost every field. The energy sector (wind turbines, water, [not nuclear]), agricultural experts, socioecology experts, engineers of every sort, architects; you name it.

I merely want to see a society like this —to live in a society like this before I die. Peace, prosperity, happiness.

Guns will be gone, bombs will be gone, cannons will be gone. Knives, swords, and any of those sorts of things always existed, and always will, so there is no restriction on those.

Is this too far fetched? I don't think so. I think if I had enough support, people would follow this dream. I believe that we can do this. I believe in a better world. A world that I won't be afraid of bringing kids into. All I need is you. All your children need is you. All the world needs is you.
i totally agree. with recent breakthroughs in magnetic, laser and plasma related technologies, we can easily create more advanced and effective weaponry that does not rely on chemical reactions.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(06-14-2016, 05:25 PM)sporkium Wrote: i totally agree. with recent breakthroughs in magnetic, laser and plasma related technologies, we can easily create more advanced and effective weaponry that does not rely on chemical reactions.
I think you missed the point of this..
(06-17-2016, 04:02 PM)squaretwo Wrote: I think you missed the point of this..

no... i just think i got your point: you want to create a place under totalitarian/dictorial control and deny freedom by force if nesesary to ensure compliance. ever hear of gaza? worked right? so... you have civilians armed with rocks going up against tanks.

the us constitution has an amendment known as 'the second' that guarantees a persons rights to own and bare arms... to avoid situations like gaza. that very same constitution also has a fourth amendment. The fourth amendment prohibits unwarranted search and seizure.

so my guess is that you're some kid from the burbs trying to talk about something you don't know anything about:

pipa, sopa, copyright infringement, gun control, a woman's right to choose, the patriot act... are all parts of the same issue: freedom.

the establishment already has you thinking that giving up your own personal rights will promote peace. that's not how the world works... giving up your rights does not prevent tragedy... it causes it.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
I AGREE WITH SPORK,except the "bare"arms part,too much fall out from that,there are other ways to repel the onslaught of fascists
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(06-18-2016, 10:00 AM)srijantje Wrote: there are other ways to repel the onslaught of fascists

Like what? Sling shots and insults?

American leadership are a lot of things, most of them bad, but they know that they can't just get ridiculous with it because if they do the gun-toting constituents of our country may rise against them and forcibly take them from power.

Our leaders aren't necessarily the sons of the previous leaders; they aren't chosen by God; technically they aren't even chosen by the people. As long as the people, or at least large number of the people, remain armed and are capable of forming a militia, the check and balance system remains intact.
(06-19-2016, 11:55 AM)Wildcard Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 10:00 AM)srijantje Wrote: there are other ways to repel the onslaught of fascists

more like stern words and certified mail.

American leadership are a lot of things, most of them bad, but they know that they can't just get ridiculous with it because if they do the gun-toting constituents of our country may rise against them and forcibly take them from power.

Our leaders aren't necessarily the sons of the previous leaders; they aren't chosen by God; technically they aren't even chosen by the people. As long as the people, or at least large number of the people, remain armed and are capable of forming a militia, the check and balance system remains intact.
if you think"the people"have any chance against militarized police,home guards etc.you're dreaming,unless you can argue them into refusing to shoot their own people,meanwhile the shooting continues
of small minds[
(06-19-2016, 11:27 PM)srijantje Wrote:

if you think"the people"have any chance against militarized police,home guards etc.you're dreaming,unless you can argue them into refusing to shoot their own people,meanwhile the shooting continues

dude... that's the point... the right to bear arms gives the people a chance.
a chance to commit mass shootings?
I can see the noble idea behind,here comes the peoples militia protecting us from the excesses of government but all I see is killing of innocent people and big corporation entities taking over everything through their tools,gov.military etc.
of small minds[