Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Worrying over the little things all the time!
Ok so I'm one of those people that worries if I don't have anything to worry about.

I moved in with my partner last week and over the last few days I've been trying to do nice and helpful things.

I've cooked lunches for us to take to work but some haven't turned out very well and I've beaten myself up about it so much. That's silly right?

I know I'm a perfectionist and have unrealistic ideas but I just want to be a good girlfriend. I know it's not normal to stress about cooking a few crappy meals!
Keep in mind you're human. Mistakes are a way of life. Even a perfectionist falls short many times. Fixing "crappy meals" won't be the last time for you do. Sometimes when we're trying to hard to please someone, mistakes or "flops" will happen in life. In your case it was the lunches you prepared. Keep in mind its the thoughtfulness and effort that counts. If your friend really cares about you they will not be upset with you because they will take into account your well meaning effort.
Learn to relax, take a deep breath and enjoy life, because being a "worry wort" won't allow you to enjoy life, neither will over-thinking or second guessing a situation or others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my boyfriend doesn't want to spend time with me justkillmenow 5 2,907 01-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Togachu
Tongue Just ranting to get things off my chest! BowDownToPotato 2 1,142 10-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Last Post: xxxxx
  The Time I Was Almost Committed for Sluttiness The Blonde Brainiac 4 1,662 12-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Last Post: LZA