Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Woman accused of using ambulances to get free rides
http://www.live5news.com/story/22075845/...xi-service

Oh my! I have seen so many bizarre news stories that I figured there was just about nothing that would throw me for a loop. But I found one today.

This is the story of some 51 year-old lady who lived a fair distance from her downtown area and discovered that when she became ill, she could call an ambulance and it would take her to a downtown hospital and it wouldn't cost her squat.

So, when she wanted to go downtown, she figured she would just call an ambulance and take a free ride. Better than paying a taxi.

This one definitely stopped me in my tracks. What do you think about this? Would you send her to jail? If so, for how long?

I would let her spend at least two years in jail and longer if she couldn't pay back the money she wasted. She should have to pay back the cost of all those ambulances and maybe even wear a big sign downtown, saying, "I faked being sick to get a free ride downtown in an ambulance. I am one real free loading bitch!"

Her crime is worse than just stealing from the govt. for personal gain because someone might really need an ambulance and her nonsense could deprive them of an ambulance when they really needed it. She should pay something extra for that.
Yep, she needs a spanking in some form or another. The inconsiderate, selfish, self-centered attitude of some folks is way out there in me, me, me land.

Years ago in northern Ontario natives that needed a ride to town to the bars would put tobacco up the bums of their babies which would cause serious diarrhea and the need for an ambulance.
It was a Kill-Two-Birds with one stone ordeal. Free ride into the bar and free babysitting from the nursing staff.
You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
somehow i find those schemes quite ingenious,without wanting to put anything moral on to itSmile
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
2 years in jail for that? That is what you get for more serious stuff here..

No, give her a little fine for it, for wasting their time.
meh
No, tying up ambulance services for frivolous rides can cost lives.
A two year prison sentence is quite appropriate.
With good behaviour, she would only serve a third of it anyway, and be released after 8 months.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I agree with VF on this.
In fact if a stunt like that were pulled and someone died as a result wouldn't that count as involuntary manslaughter?
Maybe it should.
The woman was a smart cookie using the system. People with money don't have to worry about getting from one place to the next so I gather she did not have money. To put someone in jail for 2 years for such an act is too much. At best, she should have to do community service as a fine may not be affordable.
[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
(04-29-2013, 09:13 PM)Arachne Wrote: The woman was a smart cookie using the system. People with money don't have to worry about getting from one place to the next so I gather she did not have money. To put someone in jail for 2 years for such an act is too much. At best, she should have to do community service as a fine may not be affordable.

This time Arachne I disagree with you.
Imagine your 3 year old grandson swallowing something and begins choking till he turns blue, the ambulance is called, but the waiting game begins because some selfish idiot needs a quick free ride somewhere and in the meantime your precious grandchild dies.
God forbid this would ever happen Heart, but I'm guessing you wouldn't see them as smart cookie.

Using the ambulance service for anything other than an emergency is a criminal nuisance and needs to be disciplined.
@kath3 I believe that if my grandson swallowed something, my daughter has the ability to get him to cough it up. At almost three, he is a little man with responsibilities such as sweeping, putting away groceries, his car seat, and even doing dishes. He knows better.

I still say that more than community service is unwarranted. I don't pay tax, but if the tax payers want to foot the bill for jail time, be my guest. I personally think it is a waste of time. Community service at least gives back to the community at little or no cost to the tax payer.
[Image: RC63_zps7d70adfb.jpg]
Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
You're missing my point all together ... even adults can choke to death accidentaly.
If my dad or any human being were in a life threatening situation and died because someone needed a free ride
would be inexcusable and deserves more than picking up garbage alongside a road or whatever community service.
Involuntary manslaughter might be a better term.
A free ride vs. someones life ... community service ... sorry, but not in my books.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one my friend Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hug triggers officer's gun, kills woman. Lawliet 15 3,955 04-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Chinese woman breastfeeds child WHILE riding a moped. Lawliet 0 1,016 09-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Lawliet
  NH Woman Arrested for calling 911 AliShibaz 2 1,302 06-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: heslopian