Current time: 05-23-2017, 03:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why does the "Edit" function work differently the first time you use it?
10-31-2012, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 11:57 AM by AliShibaz.)
Why does the "Edit" function work differently the first time you use it?
I am curious why it is that when you make a post, the first time you click on "Edit", it just puts you directly into an edit window.

But, the 2nd and subsequent times, it makes you specify whether you want a "Quick Edit" or a "Full Edit".

Also, can someone tell me if this is the best forum to ask this question? I'm sorry to be a pain but I want to improve my posting style.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Why does the "Edit" function work differently the first time you use it?
Because when you make a new post it isn't displayed exactly like the rest of the posts in a thread. The other were pulled from the database and formatted using the post template, making them objects with slightly different properties than the posts you already see on the screen.

You will notice if your new post is the first post on a new page then this quirk doesn't manifest itself.

I have seen a couple of threads where forum owners have complained of this at MyBB Community forums but were all basically answered with 'It will be fixed in 1.8' . . . We are using 1.6.8 now so maybe it would be much longer.

Consequently, I too hate that behavior and wish it worked differently. I kind of thought I was the only one who even noticed it.

Wildcard is awesome.
10-31-2012, 03:59 PM
RE: Why does the "Edit" function work differently the first time you use it?
Thanks for explaining that Mark.

I was mostly just curious about it.

It's a very minor thing.

(10-31-2012 12:30 PM)Mark Wrote:  Because when you make a new post it isn't displayed exactly like the rest of the posts in a thread. The other were pulled from the database and formatted using the post template, making them objects with slightly different properties than the posts you already see on the screen.

You will notice if your new post is the first post on a new page then this quirk doesn't manifest itself.

I have seen a couple of threads where forum owners have complained of this at MyBB Community forums but were all basically answered with 'It will be fixed in 1.8' . . . We are using 1.6.8 now so maybe it would be much longer.

Consequently, I too hate that behavior and wish it worked differently. I kind of thought I was the only one who even noticed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need .wmv To .AVI Easy To Use Coverter To try and work out a bug in PS CS6? 2010kaiser 3 1,187 05-28-2012 10:11 PM
Last Post: sporkium
  Successful Work-Around in uTorrent. 2010kaiser 0 896 04-22-2012 11:29 AM
Last Post: 2010kaiser

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)