Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Whoa Canada! New Currency Has 'Wrong' Maple Leaf?
Whoa Canada! New Currency Has 'Wrong' Maple Leaf?

January 25th, 2013

[Image: bh43.jpg]
That's not the right leaf, botanists say

A hubbub's been building up north for the past week or so about the maple leaf on Canada's new $20 bills.

Botanists say, as the CBC reports, that it's a leaf from the invasive Norway maple, not the familiar sugar maple that turns nice and red in the fall and graces the nation's flag. The clue: the leaf on the bill has five major lobes, not the three you see on the flag's red leaf.

[Image: bh44.gif]
The Canadian flag and its familiar leaf.

"It's rather sad. It's not the first time that it's happened," Julian Starr, a botany professor at the University of Ottawa, tells Toronto's Globe and Mail. "It's almost Canadian in the fact that we can't even get our symbols right."

Asked about what happened, the Bank of Canada tells New Scientist that the image is a "stylized blend" of the various maples that grow in the country.

source

If South Park was on at the moment, there'd be an episode about this. Big Grin
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
wrong maple leaf, eh?

i think this is my favorite part:

Quote:Asked about what happened, the Bank of Canada tells New Scientist that the image is a "stylized blend" of the various maples that grow in the country.

LIES

talk aboot a cover up... most countries try to cover up crimes and such... leave it to canada to lower to bar considerably.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it wrong for me to laugh at this girl? AliShibaz 2 1,400 12-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Last Post: srijantje