Current time: 09-21-2017, 08:58 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who is your leader?
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Who is your leader?
I don't mean the name of the guy/gal, I'm more interested with your relationship Tongue

In my country(US) we generally despise our leader; ridicule their every move and then celebrate them when they are gone. Like Reagan: even Republicans shat on him while he was in office, but after his reign was over, Reaganomics was forgotten and he became some legendary Abe Lincoln-type character.

How does your country treat it's leaders and how do you feel about them yourself?

Wildcard is awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
RE: Who is your leader?
Don't even get me started on the ginger bitch.

I pretty much view politicians as if they were my immediate superior in the workplace. They're not due any massive amounts of respect, they generally just got the job by brown nosing or out-and-out corruption, but if they're doing a decent job then I'll just let them get on with it and continue to do my own work quietly. If they're not doing a decent job (see "ginger bitch") then I'm going to make as much noise as possible, bitch about them whenever I can and generally take the piss (for you Americans, that loosely translates as "ridicule") until their next major performance evaluation, ie the election.

Politicians are definitely not due any deference in Australia. They're viewed with much the same contempt as used car salesmen, but are unfortunately just as necessary (and make a shitload more money).
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
in the country i live,people go into politics to get rich,that's the ONLY motive

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
12-02-2011, 12:17 AM
In most cases I think that's true here as well, SJ.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2011, 10:23 PM
wrong people in wrong places,the bane of society

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
12-02-2011, 10:24 PM
it's the same bloody everywhere

12-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Well this independent research is turning out very resoundingly: people all over the world despise their leadership! Big Grin Exactly what I thought Smile

Wildcard is awesome.
12-03-2011, 09:33 AM
we had one good "Taoiseach" ( meaning Chieftain or Leader in english ) Charlie Haughey,he gave out medical cards so that we don't have to pay for a visit to our GP or hospital,also gave the elderly and sick the need for a free travel bus pass anywhere in the country

12-03-2011, 02:27 PM
And how high are your taxes?

Give me low taxes and I'll pay for my own shit. And while we're at it, let's ditch the plethora of fees and surcharges as well. America's current tax system is actually illegal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
(12-03-2011 02:27 PM)Aish Wrote:  And how high are your taxes?

Give me low taxes and I'll pay for my own shit. And while we're at it, let's ditch the plethora of fees and surcharges as well. America's current tax system is actually illegal.

dunno i'm unemployed Wink

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)