Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When are we gonna wake up?
04-02-2014, 03:50 AM
When are we gonna wake up?
how much lower can it still go with the justice system?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...28217.html

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: When are we gonna wake up?
Raping his three year old daughter, and not going to prison?
That's crazy.
But being a DuPont heir, he can obviously afford better defense lawyers than the rest of us.

He belongs in a prison, in the general population, where the other inmates would have the opportunity to kill him.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 05:51 PM by AliShibaz.)
My guess would be that with enough money, people can afford the best defense lawyers and with the best defense lawyers, people can beat most any kind of criminal charges.

It's real good to be wealthy in America.

AAMOF, I guess it's probably real good to be wealthy anywhere and everywhere.
04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Legal justice & right are many a times, two very different things. Money can solve a lot of very guilty peoples problems. If he was set free. Someone should snipe him from the roof of his exclusive golf course (or somewhere). If I had the means, it would be my honor.

That goes against what I believe in the law and what it stands for (about proving innocence) but in these cases, the innocence proven comes from above grade lawyers finding loopholes for the guilty, not uncovering evidence showing that this "suspect" not committing the crime he was charged for.
04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
the whole issue of plea bargaining comes into it too,I think they only have that in the u.s.a.

feed him his own chemical factory

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-02-2014, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 10:17 PM by LZA.)
Plea bargaining has it's own reasons (save the court time, saving someone who didn't really do anything too bad from a felony conviction, people who plead guilty for a felony charge get benefits like not having to hire a lawyer, and their record stays cleaner, in case he wants to apply for a job).. A good example, driving over 90 in CT is a felony called reckless driving (which I was charged with), the DA looked over my record and saw I'm not a repeat offender, so we plead down to a mistemeanor called speeding over 70...

Trust me, in this case you brought up, unless everyone is on crack, there should be no plead deal for what this bastard ...But I could be wrong, let's say the guy wants to admit to victimizing more children, I can see them pleaing down a death penalty for life ( if the death penalty is available in the state and he's charged with it. Who knows... Stranger things have certainly happened.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)