Current time: 03-28-2017, 01:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Art?
04-22-2015, 11:08 AM
What is Art?
Maybe something as simple as pencil sharpening can be considered an art form, when taken to a sufficient extreme?

What is your idea of art?

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: What is Art?
the art of living

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
ART

1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
"the art of the Renaissance"
synonyms: fine art, artwork
"he studied art"
works produced by human creative skill and imagination.
"his collection of modern art"
synonyms: fine art, artwork
"he studied art"
creative activity resulting in the production of paintings, drawings, or sculpture.
"she's good at art"
the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
"the visual arts"

I ripped the definition from Merriam...

It says typically... But I can see here clearly from this definition that art can be anything, Painting, sculpture, car, or whatnot since "the application of human creative skill and imagination" was applied. Don't you think Karl Benz was thinking he was creatining functinal art?? the cars are beautifu, I'll slobber all over the AMG series... Sunningly beautiful lines

I guess when they say Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you can also say Art is in the eye of the beholder...

It's all about having a creative imagination, I guess in this circumstance "art" can be used to determine "how visually pleasing it is ti the viewer..."
04-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Sri is succinct and profound as ever. The art of living is indeed an art that many seem to have forgotten in the mad rush of life. I wonder if he has undergone the program. There are many 'AOL' centers all over the city and country.

From my side, at least in In later years, art for me has been about writing "beautiful code". It took a long while, but I think I attained "enlightenment" at some point. I miss that now. But I guess it had its day for me and carry a few souvenirs in the form of snippets, books and other "trophies".

Yesterday, while out for some work, I came across some people making wall curtains out of bamboo on the street pavements. It is a beautiful step-by-step process, where the bamboo is progressively slit into thinner stripes by a group of men, working with nothing more than knives. These are then strung together and knit using some "weaving process" by women who constitute the end of the assembly line as it were. It is finally given a coat of paint and the finished product is truly lovely. It is an almost zero investment small scale business too.

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)