Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

What are you reading?
(10-08-2013, 08:41 PM)Aish Wrote:
(10-07-2013, 10:19 PM)LZA Wrote: HOWEVER: due to a discussion on SB, I just torrented Necromonicon
https://forum.suprbay.org/showthread.php...#pid901800

give me something different to read (even though I believe in no religions...)

I CAN'T STOP GIGGLING
The Necronomicon is an ok read for a 15 year old. It's not a real grimoire, not does it fall under the category of religion. The real author was H.P. Lovecraft. Brilliaont author btw, but not a master high priest of Beezelbub.

YA,I realized that after skimming through that... I almost think it was written for comical purposes (even though I know it wasn't). I'm disappointed it wasn't as interesting as I thought it might be...

I'm going to start reading The Reason I Jump.
Right now, am reading a small book titled "We Indians" by Khuswant Singh, an Indian author. He passed recently at the age of 99. A few of them are available as ebooks on TPB. His writing style is simple and direct.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
I just finished reading The Lost Gate, and its sequel, The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card.
They are the first and second volume of his Mither Mages trilogy.
The third volume in the series has not yet been released.

[Image: 51PtLH5yMgL._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-5..._OU15_.jpg] [Image: 51k9JKPWqWL._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-5..._OU15_.jpg]

It is not Sci-Fi, but fantasy dealing in magic that is tied into world history and folklore.
Orson Scott Card spins an excellent storyline.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I'm reading ,Thomas Pynchon

[Image: Thomas-Pynchon_Bleeding-Edge-Cover.png]

I think he's one of the great american writers
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
David Copperfield - Moby Illustrated Classics.

[Image: 53d6e85da8f1b72593865385267444341587343.jpg]

Currently on page 3/238. Reading at the rate of 1 page per day. Big Grin
Book purchased 16th Dec 1981.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
neal stephenson...quicksilver
of small minds[
Re-reading the four agreements...Yes it's that good. I implore you to check it out.
Royal Dates with Destiny by Robert Easton

Brief: The book presents, in calendar form, the oddball ways in which the great and the good have met their maker.

Amazon - Download (so-so PDF)

Makes for interesting reading.
cryptonomicon.....neal stephenson
of small minds[
^ooh ! Nice. Impressed by the Acknowledgments. :-)
Found ebook here.
But it is 1100 pages :-(
Seasonal discount sales over here are tempting me to buy a paperback. My star sign (assuming it is mine) says, be wary of spending money this week. gngngngngn.