Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

What anti-virus software do you use?
What anti-virus software do you use on your PC?
Describe the product you use, and why you chose it.
Provide a link to the manufacturer's web page.

Here is Wikipedia's comparison chart of the major brands of anti-virus software:
Comparison of antivirus software

Personally, I use the Sophos Unified Threat Management (UTM v9.2) firewall, which runs as a dedicated firewall and router on a common PC hardware box with two or more Ethernet cards installed.
I also use their Sophos End Point Protection Suite on my PCs.
The combination of those two products provide an enterprise class integrated and centrally managed anti-virus environment that can be configured to update hourly.

I picked Sophos because it was the natural progression for me from the Astaro Security Gateway that I have used various versions of for more than 10 years.
Sophos bought out Astaro in July 2011.

Sophos' price can't be beat, since they provide a free 3 year home use license for both their firewall and their desktop anti-virus software for up to 10 PCs.
Link: http://www.sophos.com/en-us.aspx
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I just use Avast because... well it's free and it does what I need it too.
In all fairness I have half the virus shields it provides turned off most of the time. xD
Norton
since it was legit so I can still updates it since it was my company give it for me for free since the siemens specific virus rampage
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
Norton 360
Avira ftw

I do get annoyed by the constant updates. I think sometimes they just want to make you think the shit is doing something when really it is just eating up memory XD
I use:Webroot

It works with the Windows Firewall... I originally bought their cache cleaner way back when.They do everything now...and it doesn't eat up memory like the old Norton used to. I also used Panda in the past , which I thought was good. I just switched from Norton 360 a couple years ago.
Avast with a licence that expires 2036 Rolleyes
I don't use any,guess why?
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
cause your using the neighbours connection?
cause...it's no use, the virus inside yours is more severe than the one that will infect it?
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Israel's anti missile defence systems velvetfog 7 9,933 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Software Defined Radio velvetfog 6 7,607 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM
  Microsoft and corporate anti-trust issues LannisterHater 11 3,448 08-06-2013, 06:55 PM