Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

What Browser do you use and why?
I am wondering I have used IE for years now and loads of people have told me its crap but apart from slag it off no one has ever said what’s wrong with it Sad

Now that there is all the kafuffle with different governments banning TPB I tried loads of different ways to get on using Proxies etc. So I tried Opera for the first time and got connected Smile

So my main question is what search engine do you use and why
Snilly I think you meant to say 'What browser do you use and why?'

I use Firefox and for the simple reason that it gives me more features, but not packed into the program at install. It comes with a standard set of features and with the plugin extensions you can add only those features that you need.
Wildcard is awesome.
(05-24-2012, 09:22 AM)Mark Wrote: Snilly I think you meant to say 'What browser do you use and why?'

I use Firefox and for the simple reason that it gives me more features, but not packed into the program at install. It comes with a standard set of features and with the plugin extensions you can add only those features that you need.
I have changed the Thread name thanks Smile
I use Firefox too! I love some of the plug ins you can get, makes my life easier!!

and I use google for my search engine Tongue
Any one tried Opera?

I am ging to try FirefoxSmile
i use safari,out of habit,really,sometimes firefox
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
ie = too restrictive, too slow, too many exploits
safari = same issues as ie, but still restrictive... less exploits
chrome = they drank the koolaid... better than most of the browsers available. light, fast, gets along with google software, lots of options.
firefox = known exploits are patched immediately once a solution is figured out. light, fast, lots of options.
opera = slow, but reliable.
camino = super fast. lots of plug-in options that are tricky to install.
emacs = the best. text only browsing. no known exploits. runs in terminal.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(05-24-2012, 11:45 AM)RuralWatcher Wrote: I use Firefox too! I love some of the plug ins you can get, makes my life easier!!

and I use google for my search engine Tongue

same here Smile
My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
I mostly use FF, but I have been checking out SeaMonkey, Almost exactly as FF, but it has a lot more built in tools.

Quote:The SeaMonkey® Project

The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.

Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
[Image: 22fa405b61.gif]
Thank you all FF seems to have the majority of you. I like IE purely because I have been with it since windows 3.1 (1989) and I suppose it’s the devil you know against the devil you don’t.

Recently trying Opera I don’t like the layout but maybe it’s me being lazy, will try FF apart from having a cool front page I will give it a go.

Thanks again for your input I like to play here but all of you will have realised that I am no IT whiz kid Big Grin