Current time: 09-23-2017, 04:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watching Live News Over the Net
08-04-2012, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 06:29 PM by AliShibaz.)
Watching Live News Over the Net
I recently cancelled my cable TV subscription and I'd like to ask if anyone here knows a decent source of live TV news that I can watch over the net.

I was paying more than $150 per month and now I only pay $60 per month and the stream I get now is so much preferable to what I was getting before. So much of what I was getting before was just plain crap (read "commercials"). In one respect it feels so good to dump that crap. I can't explain it but on the other hand, I sure would like to watch some "live TV news" again. Thank you.

By the way, if anyone is interested, for $60 per month, I get unlimited download bandwidth and extremely fast download speeds (about twice as fast as I was getting from the cable company using a cable modem) and 24 hour per day tech support either over the phone or by email. I just can't understand why it is that I seem to miss watching live TV news over the TV. In retrospect, that just seems bizarre to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: Watching Live News Over the Net
live news streams

alternatively, can't you use an antenna and watch the broadcasts over the air?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
08-04-2012, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 06:28 PM by AliShibaz.)
Thanks Storm.

I tried that but I only get one channel and it's a real shitty channel.

I have found a few sites by Googling "watch live tv over internet".

Some of them are actually pretty decent.

The shows I really care about are all available at various sites. They are usually only available a day or two after they are broadcast. But that is not really much of a problem.

I'd just like to find a way to see some of my favorite news and newsmagazine programs.

I know this is very tacky. But I kind of got addicted to watching "Inside Edition" and I can't find any way to get that anymore.

But more importantly, I'd really like to get the NBC evening news (or really any US network nightly news).

I had no idea that I would miss some of those shows so much. I never anticipated that.

But, I have all kinds of network sitcoms on hard disk.

There is just something about being able to watch "live TV". I don't know exactly what it is. But after getting used to it, I guess I just kind of got addicted to it.

Oh well, it sure ain't worth paying $100 per month to see those shows.

Thanks again, Storm.
08-04-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.ghacks.net/2005/12/19/watch-tv-with-your-pc/

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)