Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Washington D.C. is least honest city in America, study says
Quote:For the second year in a row, residents of our nation’s capital have proven themselves the most likely to steal a dollar from your pocket.
At least, that’s according to one unusual new study, which found Washington, D.C. to be the least honest city or state in the nation.

The makers of Honest Tea conducted the survey, which involved setting up an unmanned booth with bottles of their product on display.
Customers were asked to use the honor system and leave $1 for each bottle of tea they took.

In the end, 80 percent of Washingtonians paid for their beverage. But that was still far less than the national average of 92 percent.

Read the complete article here: --> Washington D.C. is least honest city in America, study says
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
That whole study is ridiculous on it's face, but I believe it anyway. Washington is a lousy place to live, so I've heard.
that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
Read the article.
They ran the "pay for your bottles of ice tea on the honor system" test in urban areas in all fifty states.
The results varied significantly.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I read the article. That test is a joke. Do it 10 more times and you will probably get 10 different cities, or you may get Washington every time, but who knows? One small sampling of an even smaller sampling of the population performed only once? That won't give you an accurate anything. I thought this was a bash Washington D.C. thread, or is it a debate about the veracity of 'studies'? I'm confused. I'd better insult Washington too.

Marion Barry, the former mayor, was a crackhead, got busted and sent to prison and became mayor again.
that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's most corrupt states velvetfog 3 1,778 08-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: LZA
  The Most Pro-Capitalism Place to Live in North America Is… velvetfog 20 14,414 07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  Marijuana retail brand established in America velvetfog 11 4,448 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Last Post: velvetfog