Current time: 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI Amplification.
05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
WIFI Amplification.
Taken from the SB THREAD HERE I posted:

Quote:Hi all,

I'm hoping one of you guys may be able to help me out a bit here. I'm looking for a High Powered Wireless N USB Adapter (RP SMA 4 Wifi Aerial) that i can fit on the outside of my house.
I made one myself a while back with a tin can, N-type connector, pigtail etc but it's a bit cumbersome and can be seen from my window Smile
I'm trying to find a powerful directional wifi antenna that's inconspicuous and which i can attach to my satellite dish bracket on my outside wall and just run a 3-4mtr pigtail from it, through my wall to my PC.
Any help would be appreciated and links to suppliers would be even better.

I've looked into some of the suggestions given on SB but thought i'd throw it over to you guys also while i sit here in my cave with too much time on my hands and an irresistable drive to "give it to the man".
I.e. broaden my abilities to snag WIFI.
inSSIDer is showing me 4 WIFI networks around me that are unsecured but just out of reach ("GHOSTS") and kaiser wants to crash the party.

Thanks in advance for all input Big Grin

Let the search begin!!!

My Torrents Are HERE And HERE Big GrinYay
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: WIFI Amplification.
any of them eircom??

Find all posts by this user
05-11-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm talking to you now KP through the generosity of yours and my friend (the only IP that folded and banned TPB)....... EIRCOM!!! Big Grin

Their network security around public facilities and their own offices is laughable.
But i love them Shy

05-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I use EnGenius ECO1650 outdoor wireless access and bridge. (My model seems discontinued.) I also use the optional flat panel antenna. Power over Ethernet. Mine is B,G or both, but they make models with N. Works really well, I pick up 4x as many wireless routers. They cost about $100. External antenna cost me about $50. I'm using mine as a bridge tuned on to one signal that I pay for. It's about 3/8 mile away and partially blocked by buildings. I still get about 90-95% signal strength.
I also use EnGenius EUB9603H indoor N antenna. It picks up about 2.5-3x more routers. USB powered. About $35, I think.
I have been happy and had no problems with their products.

[Image: 22fa405b61.gif]
05-11-2012, 07:47 PM
(05-11-2012 07:39 PM)auen1 Wrote:  I use EnGenius ECO1650 outdoor wireless access and bridge. (My model seems discontinued.) I also use the optional flat panel antenna. Power over Ethernet. Mine is B,G or both, but they make models with N. Works really well, I pick up 4x as many wireless routers. They cost about $100. External antenna cost me about $50.
I also use EnGenius EUB9603H indoor N antenna. It picks up about 2.5-3x more routers. USB powered. About $35, I think.
I have been happy and had no problems with their products.

Have you pig tailed any of them directly to your PC?
I've modified a parabolic dish to snag the signals but they "twigged it" and they went dark for a week or so until i was asked to take it down by my landlord.
My apartment is directly facing Irelands largest (monopoly) IP.
Anything i use from here on in has to be small and discreet.

It's a game of cat and mouse i'm playing with them but it's lots of fun.
And the best bit is NOTHING i'm doing is illegal as it's WIFI DodgyCoolBig Grin

05-11-2012, 07:50 PM
What do you mean by "pigtailed directly to PC"?

05-11-2012, 07:58 PM
To save me trying to explain it (As i'm a retard) look at the Vid below and you'll catch my drift Smile :

05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
(05-11-2012 07:58 PM)2010kaiser Wrote:  To save me trying to explain it (As i'm a retard) look at the Vid below and you'll catch my drift Smile :
Ok, I understand, I think..., yes, my flat panel antenna is just like that, except without the can. The panel is about 10"x10". I have used it inside and it works well, especially near a window.

05-11-2012, 08:16 PM
(05-11-2012 08:11 PM)auen1 Wrote:  Ok, I understand, I think..., yes, my flat panel antenna is just like that, except without the can. The panel is about 10"x10". I have used it inside and it works well, especially near a window.

Is yours directional auen1?
Is it a home build?

I'm going to take some pictures of the contraptions i've built d uplad them to RS Smile

This area really interests me so if i seem to go on........... I AM GOING ON Smile

BTW: Thanks for the links in your post #4. I'm researching them at the moment Smile

05-11-2012, 09:02 PM
My setup is exactly like the one in this link. And it is a directional antenna.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)