Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Virtual Dub - Audio compressor not found
Bob, do you have time for a virtualdub question Big Grin . . . Huh
Wildcard is awesome.
yes, i do.
Sorry I am so slow. Doing a million things tonight. The question is why do I always get this message when I try to preview the video in virtualdub:

no audio compressor could be found to decompress the audio source format
source format tag 2000

???
Wildcard is awesome.
most likely you need the ACM for the ac3 audio.
I can do a direct stream copy and the sound transfers just fine, but I can't preview the sound. It honestly doesn't affect the way I use the program, but it just worries me that I can't figure it out.

What about this question.

I have a DVD video-logy of Silverchair, but instead of breaking the different videos up they were all in one PGC(? whatever DVDFab calls it) anyway, I ripped it with DVDFab and then used autoGK to convert it to an AVI, but when I try to use virtualdub to split the file up it will only cut on key frames. So instead of breaking on the fade to black moment, I have to cut a little early or a little late.

So I got advice to rekey the file(which took forever and didn't work).
I got advice to change the XVid codec's options to force a frame every x amount of frames and it didn't work.

I gave up. The AVI is still in the Unfinished folder . . .
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-10-2011, 09:59 PM)Mark Wrote: I can do a direct stream copy and the sound transfers just fine, but I can't preview the sound. It honestly doesn't affect the way I use the program, but it just worries me that I can't figure it out.

if you have the ACM for ac3 installed, the preview will work fine.

(12-10-2011, 09:59 PM)Mark Wrote: I have a DVD video-logy of Silverchair, but instead of breaking the different videos up they were all in one PGC(? whatever DVDFab calls it) anyway, I ripped it with DVDFab and then used autoGK to convert it to an AVI, but when I try to use virtualdub to split the file up it will only cut on key frames. So instead of breaking on the fade to black moment, I have to cut a little early or a little late.

I got advice to change the XVid codec's options to force a frame every x amount of frames and it didn't work.

i'd make a d2v file with dgindex, reference it in an avisynth script, open the script in virtualdub, manually select the start and end of each section, add 'em all to the job queue, and run the batch of encodes at once.
Okay thanks. I will refer to this post later when I have time to check out your advice.
Wildcard is awesome.
(12-10-2011, 09:59 PM)Mark Wrote: I can do a direct stream copy and the sound transfers just fine, but I can't preview the sound. It honestly doesn't affect the way I use the program, but it just worries me that I can't figure it out.

What about this question.

I have a DVD video-logy of Silverchair, but instead of breaking the different videos up they were all in one PGC(? whatever DVDFab calls it) anyway, I ripped it with DVDFab and then used autoGK to convert it to an AVI, but when I try to use virtualdub to split the file up it will only cut on key frames. So instead of breaking on the fade to black moment, I have to cut a little early or a little late.

forget VDub it crashes and gives errors a lot

When you open DVDFab on the left hit on Dvd ripper then go to avi,if the video you have has different e.g chapters hit on title start end settings,it will give you a choice to e.g 1 to 1 or whatever,you will see when you hit on title start end settings

also this little tool does the business

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/...code.shtml
Thanks karpackie. That actually is something I eventually figured out, but I didn't know I could do it with DVD Fab so thanks. Smile
ok so ya can take the warnings of me lol,if ya need any help ripping encoding etc lemme know,i have gone to the advanced stages WinkWink