Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Two men are sentenced and imprisoned cuz they "look gay"
Cameroon acquits two men sentenced for "looking gay".

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/cameroon-acquit...00535.html

Seems to me this is a story that ought to be interesting to most everyone.

If people can get arrested and imprisoned for "looking gay", what could possibly be next? Looking like a Frenchman? Looking like a dope? Looking ugly? Seems to me the possible list is just about endless.

This happened in Cameroon and although Cameroon is a tiny little country in Africa, I fear that this kind of insanity could easily spread to other countries. People can be convicted and sent to prison just because of their appearance. That seems pretty scary to me!

Is this kind of law reasonable? Or were the lawmakers on drugs when they passed this law?
(01-07-2013, 09:51 PM)AliShibaz Wrote: This happened in Cameroon and although Cameroon is a tiny little country in Africa,I fear that this kind of insanity could easily spread to other countries. People can be convicted and sent to prison just because of their appearance. That seems pretty scary to me!

....seriously....
where have you been all this time?
it's happen already all over the world
not just appearance..the names also can cause someone got a trouble..
don't tell me you never deal with Custom Officer in an Airport
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
good point,bulb
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
Yes, bulb. Very good point.

As a matter of fact, I haven't gone to an airport since 9-11. That turned me right off flying. Last time I had to take a trip of about 500 miles, I took a train.

I wouldn't take a train for any longer distance, but so far, I haven't had any need.

However, I have heard of the kinds of cases to which you refer where some 4 year old girl goes to the airport with her parents and the assholes on "security" won't let her fly.

The stories always seem to include the fact that they tell her parents that it's OK for them to fly - but not the 4 year-old. Real geniuses, aren't they?
this is my personal experience
back at 1987 I was in Sydney for doing some Job in Darwin(.....the reasons why I'm far away from the place I supposed to be at..uh..well...something related with leisure)
I n some weird particular reasons get hungry and want to tastes some Human foods....at that time a Big Mac sounds good
Idea
so I found this Ronald Farm and "try" to enter it when this old lady(have good looking although she's old) talking in the distance with 2 Aussies Officers(...I do noticed my surrounding everywhere every time..it's my gift).
not taking long time before they ask me to follow them(the Officers..Police)without first asking my Identity, so there I am inside the local Police stations and sitting there while another Officer start checking my bag and found my passports among the stuffs(thank goodness that time it's kind of hard to get an Onaholes...or I'm going to have some weird troubles as an additions).
they look at me-passports photo-me-passport-me-passports..approx it goes around almost 3 minutes.....I know..my Photo's are taken when my hairs still Afro
Idea
then they leave...and there I am for next 4 hours waiting for some decisions made for my fate in this land of Koala's....fortunately my old buddy works at the embassy and in no time set me free...
on the way to my hotel my buddy tell me this
"it's just a misunderstanding...the persons that reported you miss knowledge you as one of the bushman"
He's laugh..I'm Laugh
next time I'm in Aussie's is back at 2003 at the Airports..after checking my stuff and luggage, before reading my passport...the Custom Officers said "Welcome Home"....then look at the Passport and said "uh, sorry I thought you're one of the Locals"
...what a fine World I'm living in..
this could be better if I'm somehow looks like an Arab and travels to JFK
Idea
[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
May My Light guides you
Well, Bulb,

If I was you, I wouldn't go anywhere near any airports.

AAMOF, if I was anyone, I wouldn't go anywhere near any airports.

AAMOF, no matter who I was, airports scare the shit out of me because some real fucking morons were given some incredible scary powers and somehow, somewhere, got the idea they should use those powers to fuck most everyone around in a very nasty and fucked-up way.

So, it's no airports for me. Unless it's some kind of extreme emergency. But, you know what? I can't imagine any such extreme emergency that would get me near an airport.

Suppose someone called and told me my mother was dying. That wouldn't do it. I would just tell them that she died five years ago (which is true). See what I mean?

No Fucking Airports. No thank you.
what planet do you live on? mediocre people have always been awarded with incredibly scary powers:

police
public servants
special interest groups
politicians

bureaucracies loves rewarding mediocrity. you can't reward ambitious, ladder climbing people because they are a threat to the top of the ladder. you have to keep them at the bottom at all cost. derp from the motor pool however, is an absolute moron and can be promoted at will since he will always be controllable and do as he's told... he also makes for an excellent scape goat.

if you can make the connection between that and jolly olde england... you are on the right track.

the moral of op is this: looking gay in africa is not a good idea.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
that about sums it up
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[