Current time: 03-27-2017, 03:32 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter-the destruction of society
12-16-2015, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 05:58 AM by ohyouhatemegood.)
Twitter-the destruction of society
I recently heard a story that was a few months old about a typical innocent celebrity-worshipping teen who decided to duplicate an outfit of all Holy Mother Rhianna for prom. The girl posed for a photo in the suit and posted it to Twitter, probably under the assumption that no one outside of friends and family gave a fuck. Lo and behold, less than 2 hours later, no one other than the A list role model for all aspiring battered women would see the photo and repost it with a sad face icon next to her perfect red carpet pose. That's how horrible twitter is- you can share a photo, and it could go so "viral" that a person of so called power can get their hands on it and publicly humiliate you. And people with sense actually want to be a part of this?Huh

Sure, Twitter was originally intended to share events with a large group of people. And to those using it for that, fine. What harm can come from informing the universe about this weekend's 50% off sale at Barnes and Noble? But the majority of people-especially the younger users (who probably compromise 90% of registrants) are not using it that way. You'd think they had no damn life, sharing their every thought every 5 seconds. But surprisingly nearly every public figure uses Twitter. And even more surprisingly people actually give a damn about what outfit you're going to wear in 2 weeks or whether you think Ke$ha is hot or how many times you pissed in the commode today. #ohmygodihave1thousandfollowersimsofetchbitchbtwulooklikeshitindatdressgreenisso​noturcolorkimkardashianissofetchkkg2gtakeaselfiebbl

Although I play no role in social media, I somehow manage to get sucked into the hell hole. Googling inspriational quotes of course brings up something somebody tweeted. Seeing a sweepstakes contest that looks neat until I read the fine print "just tweet #______ to @________ for a chance to win!" Hell even my college English curriculum included learning to write a tweet. The worst part is, as viral and harmful as Twitter has proven itself to be, unlike Facebook, it doesn't appear to have an age limit. I've seen 10 and 11 year old kids with thousands of followers, some seemingly unaware of the child's age. At least with Facebook, you have the option of limiting who sees your content, and besides that, who the hell is going to repost the shit you wrote over and over on each individual feed when they mainly consist of grandmothers and foreign aunts and uncles anyway? C'mon, even when your tweets are "private" some sneaky little follower of yours will make sure they make their way across the cafeteria.

I don't even use Facebook. I have Skype installed. I use that to communicate with people online. If I want to share a photo with someone, I text it t them. I love the internet but my favorite part of it? The anonymity. The fact that I can speak to people without them automatically knowing my business. Have high functioning autism it definitely helps to be able to express myself without the visual stigma. But who uses screen names anymore? Once you sign up for Twitter, you're a celebrity, rather you want to be one or not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Twitter-the destruction of society
(12-16-2015 05:56 AM)ohyouhatemegood Wrote:  I recently heard a story that was a few months old about a typical innocent celebrity-worshipping teen who decided to duplicate an outfit of all Holy Mother Rhianna for prom. The girl posed for a photo in the suit and posted it to Twitter, probably under the assumption that no one outside of friends and family gave a fuck. Lo and behold, less than 2 hours later, no one other than the A list role model for all aspiring battered women would see the photo and repost it with a sad face icon next to her perfect red carpet pose. That's how horrible twitter is- you can share a photo, and it could go so "viral" that a person of so called power can get their hands on it and publicly humiliate you. And people with sense actually want to be a part of this?Huh

Rihanna is a broken mess who should not be taken seriously... Definitely not a picture of a woman of power...Not that I'm judging her...but I guess I am.. She is a celebrity with $$, can't she let her fan have the stupid pic??? But Hey, Rihanna is entitled to her opinion too. Too the fan I say, eh, consider where the critique is coming from... Most people would not even respond...

As far as everything else, I only have a FB account since that how I keep in touch with some of my family... Nothing else...
12-22-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Twitter-the destruction of society
(12-16-2015 12:15 PM)LZA Wrote:  Rihanna is a broken mess who should not be taken seriously... Definitely not a picture of a woman of power...Not that I'm judging her...but I guess I am.. She is a celebrity with $$, can't she let her fan have the stupid pic??? But Hey, Rihanna is entitled to her opinion too. Too the fan I say, eh, consider where the critique is coming from... Most people would not even respond...

Now now, we must respect the star of the 'box office smash hit' Battleship! lol XD I knew she was a cunt as song artists go, but I didn't know about this. I have a higher opinion of dog turds after reading this.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)