• Portal
  • Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

True Love
    Like Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny, does NOT exist in my book. There have been rare cases of people falling in true love and having a happy live for ever and after, but those cases are rare.

We are human, but do you think 1 marriage, one relationship is enough for people??? Maybe for some, or in some rare case matches it's OK , but other than that most people need to have either more than one partner, or marriage to one person is silly because the two are not successfully matched...

What do you think? I love my wife, but we're in the process of getting a divorce, I'm currently looking for a studio apt for myself... I'll always love her, but I can love other people too. I'm a mess, my life's a mess but I don't believe in one true love...

LZA
    with easter we used to make huge bonfires in the meadows,some pagan ritual I believe,that where true love was to be found

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Thanks for your reply! It jogged another couple questions.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I would guess no since you have a ritual to try to get it.

I may believe in lust at first sight, but not true love.

Also, do you believe there is a soul mate out there just for you, or not...

I believe there is someone that's 100% compatible, but to find that person in the area you live????? Next to impossible. But hey, I have friends married and they believe it was love in the first sight...Who am I to argue?
    There are 7 billion people in the world. There are probably 5 perfect matches in the world, the question is whether you can meet them.

On a scientific note, research shows people tend to prefer people with similar characteristics, but a different immune system. At least, pheromone-wise.

"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
    (04-08-2015, 12:13 PM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  There are 7 billion people in the world. There are probably 5 perfect matches in the world, the question is whether you can meet them.

On a scientific note, research shows people tend to prefer people with similar characteristics, but a different immune system. At least, pheromone-wise.

Agree... People who have a strong religious faith would say your numbers don't matter, true love is true love...

I think your key statement is "similar" characteristics... I would think the differences make the relationship interesting. And have you ever heard the old saying, If there is no fighting in a relationship, then someone is lying.

Sometimes my perfect relationship is with my right hand...
    well since about true love I just say back to my roots. places and people I
    Heart

Pirates Live Forever So Do Names Man behind It Not

[Image: par-ty.gif]
    (04-14-2015, 04:31 AM)Murlokian Translator Wrote:  Since this thread is about true love, I will just say that it takes me back to my roots. Places and people I love.

Heart

#stillgotit
    (04-14-2015, 04:31 AM)Murlok Wrote:  well since about true love I just say back to my roots. places and people I
    Heart

We love you too, Murlok!!!!

(04-08-2015, 12:13 PM)ColeMacGrath Wrote:  There are 7 billion people in the world. There are probably 5 perfect matches in the world, the question is whether you can meet them.

Just re-reading this again. Agree 100%... I bet my perfect match is somewhere halfway across the world. We settle for the closest matches in our local area for the most part...
    (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015, 08:46 PM by LZA.)
    Edit: Nevermind... Why is there no "delete" button?
    (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015, 10:03 PM by David Wright.)

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
    Last Post by srijantje
    06-04-2016, 08:10 PM
    Last Post by LZA
    07-14-2015, 01:05 AM
    Last Post by ColeMacGrath
    02-12-2015, 10:40 AM