Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado Strikes Back
05-31-2013, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 02:47 AM by AliShibaz.)
Tornado Strikes Back
I know this is not really funny. But I just can't help snickering.

You know those guys who drive around in SUVs chasing after tornados? They are called "Tornado Chasers".

Well, one of them got picked up by a tornado and thrown 200 yards (that is a long way to get thrown in an SUV). No one was killed or even seriously injured. But they had what was called "minor injuries". I guess even tornados can show mercy sometimes.

http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-cent...o-20130531

In an interview following the incident, the tornado commented:

"My wife and I were in the middle of a private dance (The Twist) when they came speeding up to us. Pert near scared my wife to death, I'll have you know. Well, I've just had it with these assholes chasing us around. We tornadoes value our privacy too, don't you know! Enough is enough! These fucking jerkoffs! I just couldn't take it any longer and so I gave them a smack. I gave them a real good smack! Fuck 'em! That'll larn them! Fucking Assholes!"

So, what do you think? Were they crazy for chasing the tornado and did they deserve what they got? Or, was the tornado out of line and does it need to be brought to justice? (No. I'm not sure how to do that.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Tornado Strikes Back
It serves them right. Why don't they go poke some sleeping tigers with sticks while they are at it?

that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
06-01-2013, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 06:46 PM by LZA.)
I agree with Skinny,

If these guys are thrill seekers like the people who ride (or run with) the bulls then you can't feel sorry for them. The only way I'd feel sorry for people like these is if there intent was not so much thrill seeking, but scientific research. You know, If they were trying to figure out a way to detect or even stop tornados from happening so people can stay safe...(I know, I'm talking Star Trek here).

"Yo Bubba, look at tha twista!! That mo fo be Big...Wait..."Wooooe"..... ":Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"" Bubba & Otis then fly away going from 0-465 in 2 seconds, a phenomenon only duplicated when they'd step on a scale .
06-01-2013, 06:54 PM
(05-31-2013 10:58 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  "My wife and I were in the middle of a private dance (The Twist) when they came speeding up to us. Pert near scared my wife to death, I'll have you know. Well, I've just had it with these assholes chasing us around. We tornadoes value our privacy too, don't you know! Enough is enough! These fucking jerkoffs! I just couldn't take it any longer and so I gave them a smack. I gave them a real good smack! Fuck 'em! That'll larn them! Fucking Assholes!"

LMAO You should write for The OnionBig Grin
As for these "tornado chasers", I'm sure (or hope) they understood the risk before making chase, so I can't judge them too much. If they're of sound mind, this is how they want to spend their time and they're not hurting anyone else it's okay, I guess. Though if they had been seriously injured they'd have, no doubt, expected top notch medical care alongside tornado victims who weren't chasing them in SUVs.
06-03-2013, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 05:01 AM by AliShibaz.)
In a new story released from AP News, it seems there have been some new developments regarding those tornadoes in Oklahoma. Three veteran storm chasers were killed when tornadoes hit Oklhoma.

It's not clear whether these fatalities occurred in the initial strikes or whether they were part of a second strike.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/A...2-14-10-10

In an interview held just after this story was released, the head tornado had the following to say:

"Well, OK. I didn't realize those guys were killed. We warn't trying to kill nobody. We just wanted them to get off our ass. I mean, enough is fucking enough!

Day and night these assholes keep barreling down on us at super high speeds. Don't they ever stop to consider that they are putting our kids in danger when they do that? I mean, Holy Shit! Our kids were just coming home from school and they missed hitting them by seconds. Just another second or two either way and they woulda been flattened.

So, yeah! I gave 'em a good smack. After all, what's a father to do? We can't take those assholes to court. Tornadoes don't have any standing in a human court. So, what else can we do?

For fuck's sake!"
06-03-2013, 03:54 AM
Most of these people are doing this to get footage for news shows/documentaries or to sell to TV stations or just for kicks. Very few of them are doing actual legitimate research on tornados.

If someone researching tornados to study them and determine better prediction methods, safety measures, etc. is hurt or killed, then I feel bad. They were trying to help the public and prevent people from being injured.

But these others who do it for fun or profit or to get better ratings for their local news show deserve what they get and I don't care what happens to them.

'The head tornado' LMAO

that those with no rights,
display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
a world commiting suicide
06-03-2013, 07:02 AM
I feel sorry for them, their friends and families, but again, they understood the risk. I'm sure that very few people are surprised by this development, even if they're shocked. "You'll never believe what I've just heard! You know Larry, the guy who likes to poke serial killers, well, HE JUST GOT KILLED BY A SERIAL KILLER HE POKED! I know, right?! Jesus... of all the crazy ways Larry the-serial-killer-poker McGee could have gone, why this one, why now?"
06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
I have a really good friend name Tony who (in his 70s) started storm chasing.

In his particular case he used a lot of his retirement money buy equipment to turn his Durango into a fully equipped weather machine-- complete with what looked like a min Doppler radar, several communication methods including satellite phones, cell phones, CB radios and even Ham (for Morse).

With all that cool shit in his truck I had to take a look but, like this thread's participants I had to ask him 'Why?'

Tony says that most of the time they never get close enough to storms to even be in danger at all-- but not for lack of effort. Apparently it takes great timing to attempt to predict where a tornado will touch down and make it to that area to 'observe'.

The biggest thing that gets these guys off (he has a riding buddy) is making reports to help communities evacuate should the need arise. Having participated in these activities for a number of years, my friend is sometimes featured as an expert voice on the news when he has information about the storm that even the meteorologist doesn't have.

But, still, why?

The same reason that in the US 70% of all fire fighters are volunteers. People like to feel a rush and people like to feel like they are important.

Storm chasing apparently allows Tony to feel both.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I used to want to be a storm chaser. Back when I was like 5 yrs old after I saw the movie Twister. I was intrigued. Now I just wanna lounge around my house when a thunderstorm comes.

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
06-03-2013, 07:12 PM
(06-03-2013 08:49 AM)Wildcard Wrote:  I have a really good friend name Tony who (in his 70s) started storm chasing.

---snip---

OMG! I misread your post. The first time I read it, I thought it said "in the '70s" as in the 1970's.

Then I read it again and saw that Tony was in HIS 70s -- meaning he was a senior citizen.

That is freaking amazing! A man in his 70s chasing tornadoes? Wow! Those tornadoes best watch out!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mystery Disease Strikes Women in Philly AliShibaz 2 1,081 02-08-2013 02:55 PM
Last Post: AliShibaz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)