Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 20 Most Shocking Moments From 'Game of Thrones'
06-10-2013, 09:35 PM
This is an excellent blog about the best moments so far in the first 30 episodes of the Game of Thrones series.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 12:04 AM by LZA.)
RE: Top 20 Most Shocking Moments From 'Game of Thrones'
Never saw an episode, but everyone says it's a great show. Maybe I'll watch, but the only reason why I don't want to is because I'll probably like it, get addicted, and then get pissed if I miss an episode like I did with The Sopranos...I don't know if I can take the stress! I guess with DVR now a days it may not be a big deal...
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2013, 01:10 AM
You never watched Game of Thrones? Huh
It is perhaps the greatest dramatic TV series ever made.
And certainly one of the most expensive ones to produce.
It has a cast of thousands, with many dozens of primary characters.

And why would you miss any episodes?
Download the complete seasons, and watch the episodes in order.
It is the only way to do it, since it has multiple interwoven continuing story lines.
Look here: --> https://thepiratebay.sx/search/Game%20of...s*/0/5/205

Just don't get too emotionally attached to the good guy heroes, since they are usually the first to die.
In the first three seasons, totaling 30 one hour episodes, it has been estimated that 80,000 people got killed.
Each episode covers roughly 70 pages of the saga, so the first 2,000 pages have now been televised.
It will take 5 to 7 more years to get through the entire saga.
Read more here: --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones
And here: --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

- Robert A. Heinlein
06-11-2013, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 02:05 AM by AliShibaz.)
Good job Velvet. Great post. That blog is just about perfect IMO. It nailed the top 20 most shocking moments.

I just want to add for Lazy that there have been three seasons so far and each has ten episodes. Each epi is about one hour in length. So that means you have 30 hours to watch.

It is a great show. But you may find yourself watching each episode more than once. There are so many characters and so many plots and sub-plots that you may want to watch the show with some pen and paper in hand and write down all the character names so you can keep them straight.

I would guess - in total - there may be 200-300 characters in the first three seasons of this show. But only maybe 100 are important to keep track of. Anyway, most people don't complain about that. I think that all the chars adds to the enjoyment of the show.

Anyway, this show is so luscious in its production that it would be a shame for anyone not to record all 30 epis and save them and watch them at least a few times.

IMO, It will be one of the best TV experiences you will ever have
06-11-2013, 01:40 AM
I downloaded the 720p version with 5.1 surround sound of each episode. Average file size was 1.4 GB.
Including a few extras, such as George R.R. Martin and cast TV interviews, my Game of Thrones folder now totals 42.3 GB.
I don't usually download hi-def versions of TV episodes, but for top notch series such as Game of Thrones and Downton Abbey, I thought it was worth it.

- Robert A. Heinlein
06-11-2013, 02:34 AM
(06-11-2013 12:03 AM)LaZyA553dde5tr0yer Wrote:  Never saw an episode, but everyone says it's a great show. Maybe I'll watch, but the only reason why I don't want to is because I'll probably like it, get addicted, and then get pissed if I miss an episode like I did with The Sopranos...I don't know if I can take the stress! I guess with DVR now a days it may not be a big deal...

Also, if you miss one you can download it from somewhere, like TPB. If you start, you'll have to watch them in order from the beginning or you'll be hopelessly lost and think that the naked women are the only reason it's popular.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
06-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Ive also never seen the show but i downloaded the first season blu ray a few weeks ago for future viewing so im not clicking that link just yet Smile

....VF...Downton Abbey....Really....Really....Rolleyes

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
The production costs for Game of Thrones has averaged $55 million per season.
That comes to $5.5 million per episode.
Downton Abbey is a quite a bit cheaper to produce, at £1 million per episode.
Both are very high quality dramas that are well worth watching in high definition video.

- Robert A. Heinlein
06-13-2013, 02:28 PM
absolutely a wonderful show!! I am behind. I have only watched the 1st season! It's just AWESOME!! of course I like the books better but it's such a big story you couldn't possibly show everything the book describes. Love it though. True fan right here!

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
there was a thread about a song of ice and fire. for the people that have only watched the show, you gotta read the books. it's nice to already know what's gonna happen two seasons in the future. I enjoy the show because it is my imagination brought to life. I read the first book eleven years ago and have been an addict ever since. what has happened so far in the show is nothing compared to what awaits.

Fistfull of xanax

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)