Current time: 09-19-2017, 11:01 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
12-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
Wow. Don't even know where to start with this one. Also, forgive me if this isn't relevant to the subforum.

I guess I'll just start out with this - RoboModo is the most vile, disgusting and atrocious ball of crap that's hit the gaming community. Their newest game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, was supposed to be an amazing follow-up to Pro Skater 4, but holy hell was I wrong. It takes literally no thought or research to know that Pro Skater 5 is the biggest haul of trash that's ever been made.

Let's start out with the fact that as soon as you open this game, you have to download a 7 gigabyte patch. For me, with my crappy wifi, that'd take about 5 or 6 hours, possibly even more. But the patch? Nothing. The game is still ridden with glitches like falling through floors, flashing screens and missing textures. Even without the glitches, this game is still not worth your money.

Let's recap to Pro Skater 4. In this game you had so many incredible and amazing levels. The Zoo. Alcatraz. London. All of these amazing levels filled with massive amounts of detail, personality and just general craptons of fun. You had fun minigames, fun challengess with creative ideas, and so on. Oh, but in Pro Skater 5? None of that. You get the same 8 bland, boring levels that are just craptons of quarter-pipes with a enormous lack of rails. All of the levers are flat, boring and there's nothing. There's no pedestrians, there's no cars, there's nothing. Flat out nothing.

The missions? In Pro Skater 4 it was extremely simple. You see a guy, you talk to him, the mission starts. You see a guy, you talk to him, the mission starts. You see a guy, you talk to him, the mission starts. Hell, you could even go to the Start menu and go to a menu of challenges and missions and select one of them and go from there. And the challenge starts. As simple as that. Pro Skater 5? You have to go to these bland arrows just to start the mission, but due to a glitch, these don't even work. So you go to the Start menu, select the challenge and it's still complicated. You know that screen with the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 logo on it? Get used to that, you're gonna see it alot. You select the mission, and you wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And then the mission starts. But even the missions themselves are extremely bland, repetitive and not fun at all. Every mission in Pro Skater 5 makes your head blow up if you don't do enough tricks. Every mission makes you skate through rings. Every mission makes you collect random craps scattered around the levels. It's not fun. In Pro Skater 4 however, all of the missions and challenges had creativity and tons of variety to them, and they were super entertaining. You had the baseball minigame. You had the shooter minigame. So much variety to the levels and challenges, and it was interesting and more satisfactory.

Oh, and the gameplay? Even worse. I can't for the life of me figure out or to revert correctly because every time I do, the combo ends. If you get your manual timing just ever so wrong, your combo ends. You can barely even wallride anymore because if you do, there's a 60% chance that you'll slam to the ground.

Pile of crap. If you want to experience this game but with a much lower price, get Goat Simulator. Only about 15 bucks and still has many varieties and unique concepts. Or, if you just want to play a new Tony Hawk game, get THUG Pro. These guys made a mod for THUG2 that adds all of the other levels from the franchise, as well as many improvements.

Please, for your own good, do NOT buy this game. It's not worth it.

This was my first rant here, hope I did a good job.[/b]
Find all posts by this user + LZA
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 03:35 PM by LZA.)
RE: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
I'd say you did a terrific job.

I'm not into games, especially first person controlled games like this, or first person shooters since I can never get the control down with the guy and the camera. I like Karate and racing games...

But I know what you mean. My son plays games like this,and I've tried to play these types of games.You buy a game with certain expectations and it lets you down...Kinda surprised that this is coming from a game with "Tony Hawk" in the name... Like you said, the priors are well done. Very much a let down to pay money for a shit game (I'm relating to my Commodore 64 and ps2 games)

Ya, I think I can relate to what you're saying about the game having less of an arcade feel and more of a simulator feel, fuck up a move ever so slightly and the whole thing is blown. This reminds me to someone critiquing a real life like war game they played... They said it was so realistic it was boring... Since the intense feel of possibly losing your life can't be created in the game, although everything else can, it takes away from the fun... Sounds like this may be the case here? They are so exact with the execution, it takes away from the fun? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've been let down by games too... Plus waiting for 4 house for the patch to download is always a thrill........
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2015, 06:08 PM
(12-03-2015 03:33 PM)LZA Wrote:  I'd say you did a terrific job.

I'm not into games, especially first person controlled games like this, or first person shooters since I can never get the control down with the guy and the camera. I like Karate and racing games...

But I know what you mean. My son plays games like this,and I've tried to play these types of games.You buy a game with certain expectations and it lets you down...Kinda surprised that this is coming from a game with "Tony Hawk" in the name... Like you said, the priors are well done. Very much a let down to pay money for a shit game (I'm relating to my Commodore 64 and ps2 games)

Ya, I think I can relate to what you're saying about the game having less of an arcade feel and more of a simulator feel, fuck up a move ever so slightly and the whole thing is blown. This reminds me to someone critiquing a real life like war game they played... They said it was so realistic it was boring... Since the intense feel of possibly losing your life can't be created in the game, although everything else can, it takes away from the fun... Sounds like this may be the case here? They are so exact with the execution, it takes away from the fun? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I've been let down by games too... Plus waiting for 4 house for the patch to download is always a thrill........

Thanks man, many games become too boring once they get way too realistic, and I hate games that aren't fun as everybody else, mainly because fun is one of the main factors that makes up a game

And thanks for the reputation dude Smile
12-03-2015, 06:44 PM
(12-03-2015 06:08 PM)Pancakes Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:33 PM)LZA Wrote:  I'd say you did a terrific job.

Thanks man, many games become too boring once they get way too realistic, and I hate games that aren't fun as everybody else, mainly because fun is one of the main factors that makes up a game

And thanks for the reputation dude Smile
Exactly!!! These programmars, as goood as they are forget that we can live without the reality feel for pure fun of the game. I'll give you 2 cases in point to which I think you'll agree

1. Grand Turismo and need for Speed. Both are fun as hell , but GT has the nooks and crannies way to set up a car so is realistic, for some people, this is awesome? for me, eh, as long as the graphics of the car are real, then I don't care, wheich is why I like NFS better... Just put me in a realistic looking car and let me go crash into cops...

2. tekken and DragonbalZ Budokai. Tekken is by far a way betterr fighting game, scientifically and in every other way, but god dammit, DBZ looks so much like the cartoon, and it's easier to pull moves to destroy your opponent and other shit.... Plus, I'm a DBZ fan, have been since my kid got me hooked onto it...

Just because a came can be the best looking, most realistic, doesn't mean its the most fun... I grew up on Frogger and BC's Quest for tires...
12-05-2015, 09:48 AM
I've always wanted to try Goat Simulator, but I didn't bring my husband - I mean PC capable of running games - to uni this time round. What's it like, is it as advertised - running around destroying things whilst being a goat?!?!?!

The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
12-05-2015, 12:09 PM
See that seems like and answer to the OP's original rant. That sounds like a fun game not so realistic. Dumb enough where you can lose 7 hours just playing, while his game is more of a "simulator" to technical to be fun.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)