Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:42 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To be stood up...
09-11-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 02:26 PM by adorapple.)
Thumbs Down To be stood up...
Do you know that feeling when you suspect to be stood up by someone soon? I do and I'm feeling it right now.

I feel like our generation has pretty bad manners when it comes to keeping promises and being prompt and so on.
My birthday is tomorrow and I invited at couple of friends over for dinner and drinks. One of them told me today that she will be arriving later because she needs to go to work, which is fine. Another one tells me that she won't be coming at all because it's date night with her boyfriend (-.-). And the third person never gave a clear response on if she is even going to come or not.

So for now it looks like it's going to be me, my belated friend and maybe a third person.

It might seem like I'm over-reacting, but my biggest fear is to be left alone on my birthday or at Christmas or any other major holiday. Like most other people I have a fear of being alone and it really breaks my confidence when people close to me don't show real interest in spending a night out with me on my birthday. I think some people are just being lazy, but I don't think they know how much it hurts to be let down.

So. Have you ever tried being stood up by someone? Tell me the story!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 03:02 PM by LZA.)
RE: To be stood op...
I've been stood up by people, and I've stood some people up.

Here are my thoughts:

If they are true friends who just can't make it because life is in the way, to me that would be a reasonable excuse to get out of it. Unless it was a planned occasion and these people are skipping out..

That's why I don't care about my birthday, Christmas, or any other day were a party is expected. Get together with your friends and have good fun when you can... You don't need a specific reason to party...

Get together and party because it's Wednedsay, or garbage night, or whatever reason you come up with...

If the only people that come are the belated friend and 3rd person, have fun with them. You'll waste too much good energy thinking why so & so didn't come, or why she couldn't break date night w/ boyfriend for just this one occasion.. It's not worth thinking about IMHO.
09-11-2013, 03:07 PM
(09-11-2013 03:02 PM)LZA Wrote:  I've been stood up by people, and I've stood some people up.

Here are my thoughts:

If they are true friends who just can't make it because life is in the way, to me that would be a reasonable excuse to get out of it. Unless it was a planned occasion and these people are skipping out..

That's why I don't care about my birthday, Christmas, or any other day were a party is expected. Get together with your friends and have good fun when you can... You don't need a specific reason to party...

Get together and party because it's Wednedsay, or garbage night, or whatever reason you come up with...

If the only people that come are the belated friend and 3rd person, have fun with them. You'll waste too much good energy thinking why so & so didn't come, or why she couldn't break date night w/ boyfriend for just this one occasion.. It's not worth thinking about IMHO.

I really wish I had your attitude towards it Smile Christmas and New Years Eve and so on are all occasions where you expect something grand to happen. And if it doesn't happen, it can ruin your day. Instead it would be smart to do like you - party on any given occasion, because that way you never get disappointed, because there wasn't any high expectations Smile

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it and instead focus on the people who are actually there Smile
09-11-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 03:29 PM by LZA.)
(09-11-2013 03:07 PM)adorapple Wrote:  I really wish I had your attitude towards it Smile Christmas and New Years Eve and so on are all occasions where you expect something grand to happen. And if it doesn't happen, it can ruin your day. Instead it would be smart to do like you - party on any given occasion, because that way you never get disappointed, because there wasn't any high expectations Smile

I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it and instead focus on the people who are actually there Smile

My attitude came about from banging my head on the same wall (thinking people will show up for certain occasions) then not show up and leave me alone and feeling more depressed then ever (if that's possible)

My advice is to take care of you. Party with whoever shows up or party with yourself, you're still a good person..F-these peoples schedules!!!!

(09-11-2013 03:07 PM)adorapple Wrote:  I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it and instead focus on the people who are actually there Smile

EXACTLY!!!! I'll party here at my computer for you!!!!!
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Happy Birthday @adorapple Smile

I despise being left to wait for very long at all much less being completely stood up Angry If someone can't be where they say they will be, the least they can do is call in enough time that you can alter your own schedule-- but at least let you know!

Rant

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)