Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

To Fart or not to Fart?
Is farting acceptable in the part of the world you live?
If yes why and how can you fart in public?

If no why is farting unacceptable?
a gas
...Uh, I don't think it's appropriate anywhere to fart. I've heard of burping at the dinner table in some places is a sign of respect (shows you're full). but farting??? Maybe in the country of Snillocadelphia...

Honestly though, my serious answer is no, I don't think farting is acceptable like burping is. I could be wrong, though...
Especially in elevators. Confused
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
In public places, it is very uncommon to hear a fart where I live for the most part. But there are some people, guys mostly, that think it is funny to let one rip and then talk about it Confused I think it is a private thing and if possible should be kept that way.
where I am burping ,spitting and retching are acceptable,farting is not
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I fart whenever I have to. I'm pretty sure you can cause damage if you try to hold them in. When it comes out, it comes out. I don't care where I am or what people think. If I know I'm going to be in an enclosed space with other people, I might drink some milk beforehand.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
It's a normal human function and farting is acceptable where I live, to a degree. It depends on the mindset of the person hearing someone else do it, as well as the closeness of the fart. If it it's an enclosed space like a lift, then people will rightly screw their face up, not because of the smell itself, but because they can't believe the farter couldn't wait 5 seconds for the door to open.

I grew up seeing my Nana cock her leg to make her anal announcements and it always cracked me up, and being english, i have a natural fondness for toilet humour. I admire a man who's not afraid to let one rip in public, and if I know them, I'll give them marks out of 10. With all the shit we have to deal with in the daily grind of life, i think those who think farts are disgusting and should be let go in private are somewhat uptight. People like Joan from down the street.... who always held her farts in and claimed she never passed gas...and then died from bowel cancer, are a good reminder to forget the ridiculous notion that farts are gross, and just let them rip, although I won't deny that sometimes a little discretion wouldn't go amiss.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Often, the silent farts smell far worse than the loud ones.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I think my bro SF explained why farts in water smelled worse than in air (because the good stuff is compressed under water. I wonder if he has any theories about silent but deadly ones.

I enjoy farts of all calibers!