Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

Things you do when you're sick.
What kinds of things do you do when you're off sick? Depending on the severity of the illness, do you attempt to get a few things done that you've been putting off, or do you use the opportunity to do as little as possible?

I had a day and a half of being ill about a month or two ago, either I had a cold or my aunt flo was visiting I can't remember which, but I had the intention of catching up on loads of stuff I couldn't seem to find the time to get done. My mental list of things to do increased by the minute, and after an hour I decided to settle with doing nothing. I figured if I was going to rush round getting shit done, then I may as well work.

Preparation for doing nothing involved me surrounding myself with things I'd be needing for the day. PC, phone, remote controls for the stez and tv, cushions and a blanket, tea/water/chicken soup, smokes, some bud, snacks, pen/pad, and a long pokey stick I invented for pooching my dog. It's a long piece of bamboo cane, with a pair of socks duct-taped to the end, and a glove pulled over the socks, so that there's a soft hand at the end that I can easily reach my dog with when I'm too poorly/tired to lift my head up. She loves it, I save energy, everyone wins.

Apart from having a nice warm bath, I sat on my arse the whole day and occupied myself with puns and gifs of kittehs jumping up in the air to reach a switch or mouse. I love those at the moment.

Share what you do when you're sick. Smile
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
vomit.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
when I'm working I have to walk,if I want to or not,at home I take every opportunity to take it easyTongue
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
I pretty much do exactly the same thing I do when I'm not sick, minus the vomiting (thanks spork for reminding me Yay ).

If I am deathly ill then, yeah I am under a blanket somewhere full of medicine watching TV and waiting for it to pass, but if I am just feeling under the weather, I am normally at work. Especially since I make most of my living by working from home now--

But I do some weird shit when I am sick though-- like if I think I am going to vomit I have a habit of walking slowly about the house gathering up clothes or straightening up-- for some reason it distracts me from nausea . . .
I pretty much go into hibernation waiting for it to pass. Last time I was sick I slept two and a half days, only getting up to pee, take meds, try to eat, etc. I do weird things when I feel like I'm going to puke too. Like you say, anything to get my mind off being sick.
I watch TV.
Being laid up sick for a few days is something I use as an opportunity to to stream a TV series, watching all the episodes in chronological order.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Last time I was sick, I had a problem trying to think straight.

I think it was a problem with my blood sugar - either too high or too low. I don't know which.

But I went to see the doctor and he fixed me up with some medication.

I really like my doctor. He knows what he's doing and he's a very kind and concerned guy.
(06-05-2013, 05:36 AM)AliShibaz Wrote: Last time I was sick, I had a problem trying to think straight.

I think it was a problem with my blood sugar - either too high or too low. I don't know which.

If it was your blood sugar, I bet it was too high, I'm diabetic, and the sluggish, mental fog sets in when it gets too high. It's like general thinking becomes a fight. If it was too low you'd know it too. You'd feel faint, dizzy, and nauseous. You'd have to eat something right away. Symptoms of low blood sugar are much harder to ignore and more immediately dangerous. High blood sugar wrecks you over time...
I lay on my comfy bed, snuggle under my blankets. but first i make sure i have a big glass of something to drink. kleenex. all my remotes. cellphone. cough drops if its that kind of sickness.

and if its the vomiting kind of sickness i immediately take unisom. you know meds that help you sleep. a friend told me about this and i kid you not when i feel like I'm going to puke those sleeping pills take away the nausea. best thing I've ever discovered bc oh my God i hate feeling nauseous!!!! try it. of course you'll sleep but it works!!!

oh and i don't care how old i am i want my mom when I'm sick. and i hate talking on the phone.
I don't usually get sick but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.

I all seriousness, I rarely get sick. When I feel a sickness beginning to happen, a pint of Guinness and a good night's rest will usually stop it before it starts.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Sick of the house i live in VV422 9 1,820 08-18-2017, 12:02 AM
Last Post: stuart090
  A few things about Windows Users.... SteRipper 6 3,109 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Last Post: velvetfog
  material things we like LZA 12 3,574 07-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Last Post: LZA