Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The people I've met today are inconsiderate filth.
Today, I am more angry than I've ever been in my entire life... *Names have been changed to protect identities*. To put things into context, my brother James is autistic, and he loves to swim naked in pools. Given his condition he doesn’t get much time outside unless my dad is supervising him. Every now and again I like taking him to the corner store, to get some time outside and also spoil him with a few snacks. Everything went smoothly as we were on the way there. However, when we started back home, things took a turn for the worst. As we were walking down the street, we were halfway away from the traffic lights (where we turn to go home). I look behind me, and I can see James running across the road to someone’s house. I try to run after him but a bunch of cars drive by… All I could do was shout “James get back here! That’s not your house!”. When I finally got the chance to run across the road, he was in the neighbour’s pool, and completely nude. There was a couple in the backyard. They were of course alarmed to see a stranger in their pool and started yelling at him to get out. When I arrived to get him out of their backyard and put his clothes on, they began to start yelling at me to get off their property. Then I said “I’m sorry he has autism he won’t leave unless I take him out of the area”. After me telling him to get out of the pool, I had to resort to pulling him out by his legs. After he was out, I began to get him dressed... Here is the really infuriating part… The bitch woman said that my family and I had to pay for damages. I replied “What damages? He didn’t break anything!”. And then she said “He’s in our pool naked!!”. Then I said “Well that’s bullshit… You just drain it, rinse it, and then refill it!” (This was one of those inflatable kiddy pools). “So no… I’m not paying you a fucking cent” I said. I was fuming by this point. To add further stress, the boyfriend/husband reached for his cell phone to call the police, saying that we’ve both “trespassed” onto their property. Meanwhile they were completely ignorant of my efforts to get him out of their yard. I then had to take James to the sidewalk, where I had to dress him. The husband/boyfriend was also (needlessly) starting to get on edge. He kept threatening he was going to slug me if my brother and I didn't leave when once again, he was completely IGNORANT of the fact that I was getting James to leave! Even when we were off their property, and when we were on our way back home, they were still on the phone with the police, and a big crowd was piling up in front of their house to watch the show… Thankfully since James had almost gotten into trouble with the police before due to trespassing, They understood, so they didn’t make any attempt to take us away once they realized who we were. After the cops left, I left them these parting words to the couple in my rage… “I’m going to tell this story to every news outlet in Ontario (my province), and then everybody in the whole world’s going to hate your fucking guts… See you in hell you twats!”. I wholeheartedly believe that the couple was COMPLETELY wrong in calling the police. If they'd have just let me lead him away in peace, it would have been fine. BUT NO! They just had to start heckling us, and THEY made the matter worse than it was... They completely over-fucking-reacted! And that was the story of what happened today...[/b]
Though I don't have much experience with autistic children, I can only sympathise with you on this incident and keep it in mind not to get too weirded out by a young child swimming in pools naked...It may seem a bit gross (sorry, I'm not used to seeing naked people no matter what age), but I guess pausing and looking at the situation slightly would not result in such situations.
The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]
Everyone is so entitled these days.
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
(08-29-2015, 05:39 AM)ColeMacGrath Wrote: Everyone is so entitled these days.

So In your opinion, acknowledging injustice is being 'entitled'. Well then.
(09-08-2015, 12:59 AM)JacksonDonaldBegley Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 05:39 AM)ColeMacGrath Wrote: Everyone is so entitled these days.

So In your opinion, acknowledging injustice is being 'entitled'. Well then.

I was talking about the "pay for damages" from the house owners. There was quite clearly nothing you could have done to prevent him running off like that, and as you explained, no other "damage" was made. So perhaps you shouldn't pounce on people before you understand which side they're taking? I understand it was a vague comment, but if I did disagree with you, surely I would have had to have put forward some counter-arguments of my own, whereas an agreement can just be a reaffirmation on what has been said by OP.
Edit: I don't want this to degrade into a comment war, so I'll respect and not reply to anything you reply with, although I will read it.
"Did you really think I was the demon? The Demon of Empire City?"
Well, sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT: Now that I know what you meant to say, I don't want to turn this into a comment war either. For better or for worse, I get a little quick to defend myself.
hmmm... well, if op is incapable of providing proper supervision for his autistic brother, perhaps it's a task best left for someone more responsible.

for example... why on earth would you allow an autistic child to walk behind you... makes it impossible to keep an eye on him... which is exactly why this incident happened in the first place.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
(09-08-2015, 02:33 AM)sporkium Wrote: hmmm... well, if op is incapable of providing proper supervision for his autistic brother, perhaps it's a task best left for someone more responsible.

for example... why on earth would you allow an autistic child to walk behind you... makes it impossible to keep an eye on him... which is exactly why this incident happened in the first place.

I understand where your coming from, but something like this happens no matter who is caring for him. My dad has had several of these confrontations as well, as did James's babysitter.
Just things that happen called life I guess. I'll aidz up my own thread with my story, but it's the people and how they react to stuff. Maybe the person was having a bad day, or even a bad life. You do understand though that these people had a right to react the way they did; the only thing you can control is the way you act and think when these things happen, because you can't change other people...

People are sue happy...I'll explain in my post, however in a court of law, as long as the kid didn't drop dukes in the pool, it'll be hard for them to prove emotional distress... The fact that they own a house with a pool, I'm hoping they are more mature than that and will "let bygones be bygones" after the rage level goes down... You probably did scare the shit out of them though, and they do have a right to peace... Just trying to put things in a more even keil perspective... if you didn't have exposure to Autism, you wouldn't know the dealings either...By that I mean, if these people with the pool had and Autistic family member, I'm 100% sure they would be more sympathetic...Hell, you probably would have made a friend... But they don't, and technically it's not their job to understand why people are on their property without their permission.

I hope that they are settled down, and kind of feel like an ass in how they treated the situation... I always take the way of diplomacy, but I'm human too. be the bigger person and forgive them for being jerks... You're not giving up any power, you are gaining power because you can put it out of your mind and not dwell. Again, at the end of the day, you need to take care of yourself...

Hope all goes well and you and your brother have a better day tomorrow.
(09-08-2015, 05:42 PM)LZA Wrote: Just things that happen called life I guess. I'll aidz up my own thread with my story, but it's the people and how they react to stuff. Maybe the person was having a bad day, or even a bad life. You do understand though that these people had a right to react the way they did; the only thing you can control is the way you act and think when these things happen, because you can't change other people...

People are sue happy...I'll explain in my post, however in a court of law, as long as the kid didn't drop dukes in the pool, it'll be hard for them to prove emotional distress... The fact that they own a house with a pool, I'm hoping they are more mature than that and will "let bygones be bygones" after the rage level goes down... You probably did scare the shit out of them though, and they do have a right to peace... Just trying to put things in a more even keil perspective... if you didn't have exposure to Autism, you wouldn't know the dealings either...By that I mean, if these people with the pool had and Autistic family member, I'm 100% sure they would be more sympathetic...Hell, you probably would have made a friend... But they don't, and technically it's not their job to understand why people are on their property without their permission.

I hope that they are settled down, and kind of feel like an ass in how they treated the situation... I always take the way of diplomacy, but I'm human too. be the bigger person and forgive them for being jerks... You're not giving up any power, you are gaining power because you can put it out of your mind and not dwell. Again, at the end of the day, you need to take care of yourself...

Hope all goes well and you and your brother have a better day tomorrow.

Such wisdom Like
The mad Wolf rages on.
[Image: wolf_sketch_persona___header_by_christohpera.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb rant about these people on reddit daviderdem 3 737 08-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Last Post: geezer
  People... why are we confusing? TyderBide 11 4,483 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Last Post: RantingDiabetic
  Names that people call us LZA 6 3,217 02-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: LZA