Current time: 05-28-2017, 05:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The end of Rangers?
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
The end of Rangers?
So, Rangers FC kind of forgot to pay a 9 million pound tax bill and have been sent into administration... 10 points deducted from the league table (I'd like to think they'd have lost anyway)... possible non-signing of Daniel Cousin (who was a bomb-scare for Rangers the first time round, so whoever's idea it was to get him back must have been suffering a severe brain fart)... and I hate Rangers, so why do I feel awful about this?

I think it's because money, as always, has come before the love of the game. Football is no longer -- and hasn't been for some time -- about football, but about profit. (It also goes without saying that footballers as a rule are too bloody stupid to deserve to earn so much money, but they're the ones who make the game worth watching and it's tv that rules the world).

Aargh. Anyway, I'm sad to see Rangers in such dire straits. I'd rather see them beaten fairly by a superior team Big Grin

No fucking censorship. Ever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: The end of Rangers?
yes,money rules,that's why once famous clubs like ajax and feyenoord are nowhere anymore these days,league too small,no tv coverage ,all good players go where the money is,finished.
straying off topic,portsmouth fc also went into admin.,it's all biz these days,awful

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
02-15-2012, 01:32 AM
It's a shame to see what's become of the Dutch teams, since the Dutch style of football is so entertaining (or used to be at least) -- these days, aside from the Premier League, there are so few teams that can compete at Champion's League level. I get sick and tired of seeing Barcelona there, with every referee bending over and presenting cheeks for the honour of awarding them a favourable decision.

As for football in Asia, we're at the whim of the Arabs and if they want their nations to win, they will win.

02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
well,it's a bit like the lower divisions in england,as soon as there is any talent spotted they disappear to the premiership,the only way these days to get out of this cYcle is to be bought by some rich arab and then all of a sudden you're THE TEAM

Barcelona is the best team in the world,never mind the refs

of small minds[
02-15-2012, 03:15 AM
nice one about rangers,they should be thrown into the lower division

02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Seems as though Craig Whyte has been using Rangers money for his own personal slush fund... bloody hell, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, Rangers fans are not known for their gentle natures!

02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
from the money he can buy himself some nice security

of small minds[
04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
So, with a ban on transfers for one year, now it looks like Rangers will not just be relegated but probably have to start as a newco, which means 3rd division for at least a season... I didn't even know Scottish football went to 3rd division... I find it difficult to muster any sympathy for Rangers but I do think the SFA are being a bit reactionary when most of this could have been avoided if they'd applied due diligence to the Whyte-Murray deal in the first place.

04-26-2012, 03:03 PM
The Scottish do a lot that you dont know about Tongue
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm counting on that... I choose not to know so I can still be surprised Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)