Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

The economy has me stuck living with my parents.
This evening my "mother" stomped down the hall as though she were a girl of five who missed her nap. "I'm gonna piss off Courtney and wake her up!" BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! She began beating my door as though it were a drum and she in a marching band. Mind you I was not asleep. "You need to get /rid/ of that dog!" She shouted. "He spilled his food all over and is growling at the other dogs!" She continued to accuse. I don't understand, nor do I want to, the chemical imbalance necessary for a person to become so unstable as she. I proceeded to go rescue my dog from her cruelty, to find an oddly suspicious scene. Dog kibble EVERYWHERE, all over the garage, the bowl suspiciously OUTSIDE his locked crate, the other dogs consuming his food in front of him, I can understand his irritation. One can only attempt to guess what she might have been doing when this most recent spell of insanity hit. This is only the most recent attack of her hatred upon me. Why she hates me so, and loves my four younger siblings, I shall never know. I never ask anything other than to be left as I am, pay rent, never mooch, hardly join them in trivial pursuits, and only when invited. Why is she so horrid? What could I have done? Why take it out on my dog? Who asked her to feed or bother with him?

Anyone have any advice on living with a crazy parent? My dad's normal, but my mother has like 20 screws loose and she's lost ALL of her marbles. I am a college student, work one full time job and one part time job and just cannot afford anywhere else to live. Help?
you should try playing trivial pursuit with them more. it's a great way for a family to come together an enjoy some nice quality time and bond.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
You live with your parents who are still together and alive, plus you have siblings, pets and a family life that many can only dream about. My advice to you is to count your blessings.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
The rest of the family get on so why don't you?

Keeping yourself away from them wont help in the slightest make an effort to join in even if you don't like what they are doing.

Also, you only ever get one Mum!
Whenever I join my parents in trivial pursuits, I go for the green piece of pie first. I'm good at science and nature questions.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
the pies always bothered me. now, i'm not an expert in petrochemical chemistry (it's more of a weekend hobby of mine) but the colors of the pie pieces just seemed too late 70's to me. why not include a black, red and dark blue, darker green, yellower yellow, oranger orange and ditch the pink crap. you know?

the boring coloring just ruined the entire experience for me.
"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
Well…it was created in the late '70s, 1979 to be exact. I never had a problem with colors of the pieces.
Nor did I but how do you know which to use if your colour blind?
You can still see colors when you're color blind; they just look different.
I feel sorry for your dog who, for whatever the reason of the troubles, is not a party to it, just a victim.

The questions, I think, are whether you see your mom as someone you want to get along with, whether she has serious mental issue that require professional help, and how stressful you find living under one roof.

Families (especially stressed ones) create different roles in each kid. Your are the oldest or one of the older. You go to college, work, stay out of trouble - that is a kind of role. And while people would be likely to call you "the good kid" this role and function may still be ripping away at your psyche.

The family stress will likely be with you all your life. It is easy to point at your mother but the fact is there is a tiny version of her attached to your brain that will be with you wherever you go. Get some support. Someone you trust and you can talk to ^- preferably a person who is 10 years or more older than you - not a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Siblings and Parents Xemera 0 306 08-15-2017, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Xemera
  HIGH Expectations? Parents Agentchow 8 4,656 03-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Last Post: LZA
Sad My parents... Sorry, have to get this off my chest Captain|Obvious 2 1,640 11-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: AliShibaz