Current time: 08-22-2017, 02:14 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secret Law of Attraction
09-07-2013, 01:59 AM
The Secret Law of Attraction

And here is a wikilink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction

The law of attraction. What do you guys think about this? I was shown this by my aunt, who has done well for herself and has just told me she thinks this is responsible for her success...

The only example I can use is my weightlifting... You have to see it before you achieve it.

I'd love to be able to think about something and have it happen. Is this some mystical "like attracts like" or is this the beginning of planning a roadmap to success for a certain thing?

I can't really give an opinion, since I'm new to this too. But some of the concepts seem solid... I'd love to believe...
So, my RC friends, I'm looking for input. Have you had any experiences with this, successful or unsuccessful?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: The Secret Law of Attraction

Here is the full documentary... I'll post it even thou u fux dont care anyway
09-12-2013, 07:00 AM
^^That's blocked in the UK, although I'm glad because anything promoted by oprah winfrey is faddish and usually ridiculous. I could only watch 6 minutes of the first vid before the new agey-music made me consider going on a murderous rampage.

Lemme get this 'secret' stuff straight. If something good happens to me, it's because I'm thinking positive thoughts and attracting like minded positive thoughts?

If I got run over by a car, is that my fault for not thinking positively enough? Did the boxing day tsunami victims die as a result of having willed themselves to death with thought vibrations? What about victims of genocide? If the belief of 'like attracts like' is to believed then obviously they deserved to die for being negative ninnys.

There's zero evidence to support any of this hogwash, only cherry picked selected anecdotes that encourage readers/viewers to a cultish path of wishful thinking with their heads up their arses.

I call the biggest pile of bullshit...ever.

Critiques of the law of attraction and the secret:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-eh...42212.html

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2007/...racti.html

http://www.salon.com/2007/03/05/the_secret/

http://www.villagevoice.com/2007-03-13/n...he-secret/

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4096

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
09-12-2013, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 05:41 PM by LZA.)
Awww MANN... Why you gots ta poke holes in my get rich quick schemes?

In all seriousness though, it puts you in a positive frame of mind for you to go get what you want..I'm not sold on all this hocus pocus stuff either. It gets you in the mindset that you are going to start a plan..

And most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan!! Something to get me off my ass and do something..
09-15-2013, 11:02 AM
thanks,Spud,your comments saved me a lot of bandwidh

consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
09-21-2013, 11:59 PM
The Law of Attraction has been around for hundreds of years through different forms of belief.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it
and it will be yours.

Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

So's not to get butchered here, I'm not implying that a simple request for a sports car is going to show up in your driveway tomorrow morning. Needed material gifts are given when they are sincerely requested.

I've watched the Secret and read the book ... interesting indeed!

You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
Find all posts by this user + LZA
09-22-2013, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 12:24 AM by LZA.)
I KNOW you guys are gonna call me hokey, but I was thinking of money.. and thinking how it'll come to me. I found an old pair of shorts that I haven't remembered I bought. NICE $50.00 out da pocket that I found!!!!

Although, that was not really law of attraction, since it was already minez...just good luck I guess...

I'm still keeping the faith although Spuddy calls it wishwash!
09-22-2013, 04:22 PM
(09-22-2013 12:14 AM)LZA Wrote:  I'm still keeping the faith although Spuddy calls it wishwash!

You do just that ... keep the faith ... that's what it's all about, faith, faith, faith.
Without faith in or for something there is nothing.
Take it to the extreme, you may just surprise yourself and us Yay Big Grin

You Give To The World When You Give Your Best To Somebody Else Hug
09-26-2013, 04:10 AM
(09-22-2013 12:14 AM)LZA Wrote:  I'm still keeping the faith although Spuddy calls it wishwash!

Faith is one thing, which I have myself, but handing over money to new-agey fucks who think you can transform your life with positive thought vibrations is another. You already have a positive mental attitude @LZA and tbh, I think you're too good for this crap. Smile

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
09-26-2013, 11:51 AM
(09-26-2013 04:10 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  

Faith is one thing, which I have myself, but handing over money to new-agey fucks who think you can transform your life with positive thought vibrations is another. You already have a positive mental attitude @LZA and tbh, I think you're too good for this crap. Smile

OH...OK, that's where the disconnect was (I Think), please know that I haven't/won't spend $0.01 on this crap. I torrented a video, booklets/etc (someone else bought it). The way my life is/has been, I need all the good luck I can manage... I agree 100%, If I actually had to pay, I would have never looked into it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)