Current time: 08-18-2017, 03:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Search for Jimmy Hoffa's Body
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 04:42 PM by AliShibaz.)
The Search for Jimmy Hoffa's Body
I saw a story today about the feds searching for Jimmy Hoffa's body. I thought it might be interesting to speculate on their chances of finding it.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...ab-from-field/

Remember the episode from The Sopranos where Tony and Christopher dispose of Ralph Cifereto's remains? Tony said words to the effect that the best way to get away with a murder was if no body was ever discovered. I guess that's because the law could never be certain that any murder ever happened . The victim could always have just run away or intentionally disappeared.

So, how easy is it for the mob to make a human body disappear? Do you think there is a chance the feds will find Hoffa's body? Or is the mob sufficiently experienced in making bodies disappear so that Hoffa's body will never be found?

What are some of the quickest and easiest ways to make a body disappear? What about weighing it down with lead weights and dumping it into a body of water? Is that a fairly certain method of making it disappear? Personally, I think the odds they will find his remains are extremely tiny. But, you never can tell.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: The Search for Jimmy Hoffa's Body
The link wouldn't work at my end, so here's another one.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/1...T420130618

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
The thing to remember when trying to obliterate a human being from the planet and leave no evidence behind is that there are only so many things which can identify the remains and over time those things get fewer.

Within a certain period of time simple DNA tests can prove within a reasonable doubt that the remains belong to a particular individual, of course in Hoffa's case they don't have his DNA to begin with and it has been much to long for any DNA evidence to be reliable anyway.

After a certain point of deterioration (or being scavenged by animals, rotted away in water) any DNA evidence in the tissue and bone marrow may become unreliable. This is only leaves a few non-perishable pieces of evidence behind.

While flesh remains intact the fingerprints are an obvious issue so removing the finger tips is a common practice. The dental records of a victim can be used to identify skeletal remains so breaking out all the teeth is necessary.

For disposal many different biographies and other works I have read point to sectioning the body for easier transportation and dumping is very common for practicality and also because the mob was notorious for sending pieces of the deceased in several different directions.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance was in all likelihood a mafia hit.
For all we know, his body could have disappeared into a mob controlled dog food factory.
In which case it is never going to be found.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
06-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I just asked Siri, "Where can I hide a dead body?" She suggested that I try: mines, mortuaries, metal foundries, dumps, funeral services, reservoirs, swamps, or cremation services. Apparently there's many methods that La Cosa Nostra could've used.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
They will probably find him out back with sj's yak. Tongue

no in all seriousness i don't thing they will ever find his body.

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
06-19-2013, 12:15 AM
(06-18-2013 07:54 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance was in all likelihood a mafia hit.
For all we know, his body could have disappeared into a mob controlled dog food factory.
In which case it is never going to be found.

I've always been into researching La Cosa Nostra.I know there were some evil people doing horrible things, but it's the culture and history I find interesting.

The Iceman Richard Kuklinski (who worked for mob capo Roy Dimeo), said Hoffa was killed, and stuffed in the trunk of a car to be shipped overseas as part of their stolen car ring; and then "gotten rid of" there.

Of course, mob sources denied this, so who knows. I agree with @Bunny when she says no one will find him... One thing they were great at, was getting rid of the bodies...
06-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Back in the old days (1930s), the mob pioneered the use of doubledecker coffins.
The body they wanted to get rid of was put in the bottom, hidden compartment,
and some regular mortuary stiff was put into the upper compartment.
It made the coffins overweight, but it was a very clever way to get rid of an extra body.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
06-19-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 12:36 AM by LZA.)
(06-18-2013 04:36 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  So, how easy is it for the mob to make a human body disappear? Do you think there is a chance the feds will find Hoffa's body? Or is the mob sufficiently experienced in making bodies disappear so that Hoffa's body will never be found?

What are some of the quickest and easiest ways to make a body disappear? What about weighing it down with lead weights and dumping it into a body of water? Is that a fairly certain method of making it disappear? Personally, I think the odds they will find his remains are extremely tiny. But, you never can tell.

Just reading this now...

Roy Dimeo's crew in the Gambino family, was called the murder machine. Roy was noted as saying , no body, no murder, so I wonder if the Soprano's got that from him...

Here is Roy Dimeo's wiki: The Gemini Method

These guys would cut people up like butchers while eating in the other room.

Also, I've heard of a "mafia graveyard" in Queens, where the real life Tommy from goodfellas was buried after killed (on orders from Gotti)
06-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Very interesting.

I had never even heard of Roy Demeo before. Thanks for the info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Search for the Boeing 777 AliShibaz 70 15,927 08-05-2015 09:32 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  My Local Weatherman Makes It On Jimmy Kimmel With Redneckery Mark 4 1,847 04-02-2012 06:30 PM
Last Post: Sara Kate

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)